peformance parts list

Status
Not open for further replies.

jk95ht

Reaction score
im going to be picking up a 49cc mini quad during the weekend.
i will be using the engine on a go kart and also the axle
here is a list of modifications im thinking about
cheap mods:
timing advance key
carbon? reed
pod filter
dearer mods:
big bore kit
high performance carby and pod filter
$120 for both and also get free timing advance key and reed incl. shipping (combined shipping so may be about $110)
would the bore kit,hp carb and filter,carbon reed and timing advance key give me around about the power of 2 49cc engines? as i am thinkn if my brother can get the other engine going im considering a twin engine set up

sideways

Unfinished projects king.
Reaction score
im going to be picking up a 49cc mini quad during the weekend.
i will be using the engine on a go kart and also the axle
here is a list of modifications im thinking about
cheap mods:
timing advance key
carbon? reed
pod filter
dearer mods:
big bore kit
high performance carby and pod filter
$120 for both and also get free timing advance key and reed incl. shipping (combined shipping so may be about $110)
would the bore kit,hp carb and filter,carbon reed and timing advance key give me around about the power of 2 49cc engines? as i am thinkn if my brother can get the other engine going im considering a twin engine set up

Buy a second hand motorbike engine, not worth spending the money on those 49cc engines, hell a clone would be leagues ahead of the 49cc.

In my experience those engines are shocking quality and not worth the time. :horse: Also, that axle probably won't be strong enough for a kart, it certainly wont be wide enough either, these quads are tiny

I'm putting a highly modified Victa 125 into one of those little pocket quads. :D

jk95ht

Reaction score
Buy a second hand motorbike engine, not worth spending the money on those 49cc engines, hell a clone would be leagues ahead of the 49cc.

In my experience those engines are shocking quality and not worth the time. :horse: Also, that axle probably won't be strong enough for a kart, it certainly wont be wide enough either, these quads are tiny

I'm putting a highly modified Victa 125 into one of those little pocket quads. :D

but thing is...... a clone is about $140, and iv already bought this
im gunna try widening the axle (i no its too short)
iv already bought the 49cc quad so i wulda wasted $100 if i dont use the engine, and i just rly want good bottom end.
also doesnt "big bore 49cc engine" sound better than "6.5 honda clone (which everyone else has used)
i want it to be unique, and also if i can get brother to get the other engine working (after a clean) i will try selling that to buy some performance parts for my better (working) 49cc engine.

karl

Reaction score
"big bore 49cc engine" sound better than "6.5 honda clone (which everyone else has used)

The main reason why is those motors make no power, they are meant to push a pocket bike or a mini quad. You can do 13mph in that 49cc kart while I pass you up doing 45mph on my clone kart.

jk95ht

Reaction score
The main reason why is those motors make no power, they are meant to push a pocket bike or a mini quad. You can do 13mph in that 49cc kart while I pass you up doing 45mph on my clone kart.

i know that..... but i just want a cheap kart to muck around in, and to learn in the process.
i want to be able to skid or if i have enough power to drift.....
later on in the year ill probably get:
big bore kit
high performance carby
high performance pod filter
fibre glass reed
timing advance key
for a total of $107 including postage
and if i want to sell it, id probably make that back and if not well sh** happens lol
(individual price 139.50 inc postage, thats why later in the year)
do yous think id be able to get $200 or so for a 49cc big bore "drift" go kart with mods above?

Status
Not open for further replies.