Part's@Menards/Lowes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoDaddy

Beginner Member
Reaction score
Can some part be found at Menards or Lowes since I was told Northerntools is pricey?

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Nothing useful at lows, no idea about menards, never heard of it. Northerntool is pricey, what parts are you looking for exactly?

GoDaddy

Beginner Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to build a small electric go kart. About the size of a Razor Ground force. I'd measure the axle it's only 26" and the diameter is only 3/4.

Northern tools only equip large scale go karts parts.

As in another thread, I'm still trying to understand how the rear axle works and that's the part i'm trying to gather.

I'm using 2 motor from razor E100, i'm thinking it's a 100watts motor. I'm not looking for speed, this is for my son who is 4 and his cousin. I'd already have one Razor ground force right now and I like it, but pricey to buy a new one. That little thing could even handle me, a 150lb'der guy.

Want to do something like this, but not a woodem frame like theirs. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGr4S63nu48

GoDaddy

Beginner Member
Reaction score
Thank's for the site. I saw one axle it said 30/40/60, what does that mean? Now 30" is the length i'm looking for.

anderkart

Reaction score
Many axle diameters are metric sized in 30, 40 or 50 mm. I've never heard of a 60 mm. axle, but being It'd be that much more "extreme" than a 50 mm, they might just have-em around now. Most all catalog and on-line ads you'll find for axles will usualy list both they're overal length and diameter

Last edited:

Rotore

Teh SPIK
Reaction score
lowes sell plain bearings could be useful for a gokart but have to fab and weld alot so thats not worth it but they do sell chain links and tubing 10' for $13 try tsc

572bigblock

Reaction score
Menards is a home improvement store like Lowes or the Home Depot. I think its mainly around the Midwest of the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.