Parting out a golf cart

Status
Not open for further replies.

souperman000

Reaction score
My neighbor who I have been working with for baseball field maintenance has a non-running EZ-GO golf cart that he is willing to give me for free.

He says it needs a voltage regulator (the one on the cart was totally corroded) which he said was like a 500 dollar part. I looked online and found it for 50. We are either talking about two different things or he made a mistake :innocent:.

Anyways, The first thing that popped into my head is parting it out. Keeping some parts and selling the rest if it is not worth it to me to invest in getting the thing going. I need advice cause my dad doesn't want to keep it in the garage. :rolleyes3:

Things to keep:

-wheels
-hubs
-steering
-brakes
-Other stuff that I might want

Would any of the golf cart's parts be good to use on a gas powered kart? Im not sure if they would be compatible/strong enough to withstand a gas engine. Should I just sell it as is and forget about it?

souperman000

Reaction score
I dont know its still sitting in his garage. Im trying to convince my dad to let me keep in the garage for a couple months...haha

It is an electric golf cart with no roof and a metal bed on the back. That is what it looks like Ill get a model number for you when I pick it up.

souperman000

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I forgot about this thread....

I waited to long. We needed to transport the cart and my neighbor offered his truck to move it, but we were busy for a couple weeks every weekend.

Anyway, he gave it to his brother-in-law who dropped the $150 or so and got it running.

Status
Not open for further replies.