Overhaul on the Carter Brothers 2435 continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

5814SpeedCo

Member
Messages
150
Reaction score
8
Location
Fort Worth, TX
After riding the kart for a little bit I decided to tear it back down and throw some color on it. Let my daughter pick the color, Sunburst Yellow.

Need to touch up the wheels and I have some perforated sheet metal that I'm going to make a guard at the front that wraps underneath.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190818_144430.jpg
    IMG_20190818_144430.jpg
    436.8 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20190922_170654.jpg
    IMG_20190922_170654.jpg
    542.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_20190923_195727.jpg
    IMG_20190923_195727.jpg
    340.1 KB · Views: 9

5814SpeedCo

Member
Messages
150
Reaction score
8
Location
Fort Worth, TX
Got the tie rods back on and almost finished the front end and realized I never trimmed up the steering arms. Also want to get some new shiny hardware for it. Have to get some new bolts for the steering wheel as well. Over all though I'm definitely liking how it's turning out.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190924_185051.jpg
    IMG_20190924_185051.jpg
    375.5 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_20190924_185003.jpg
    IMG_20190924_185003.jpg
    322.8 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20190924_184743.jpg
    IMG_20190924_184743.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20190924_184735.jpg
    IMG_20190924_184735.jpg
    285.4 KB · Views: 11

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,204
Reaction score
4,183
Got the tie rods back on and almost finished the front end and realized I never trimmed up the steering arms. Also want to get some new shiny hardware for it. Have to get some new bolts for the steering wheel as well. Over all though I'm definitely liking how it's turning out.


Nice deluxe heim joints.

I like your spindle steering arms--they're offset to fit inside/with the rims. You'd obviously have a tire rubbing issue without them. Are they custom?

What's your spindle axle length and the size of your front rims and tires? I'm kind of asking on behalf of throttleman who's having fitment issues. See this thread: http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42091
 

5814SpeedCo

Member
Messages
150
Reaction score
8
Location
Fort Worth, TX
Nice deluxe heim joints.

I like your spindle steering arms--they're offset to fit inside/with the rims. You'd obviously have a tire rubbing issue without them. Are they custom?

What's your spindle axle length and the size of your front rims and tires? I'm kind of asking on behalf of throttleman who's having fitment issues. See this thread: http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=42091

Cut off the old arms and welded on some step out arms to clear the tires.
 

5814SpeedCo

Member
Messages
150
Reaction score
8
Location
Fort Worth, TX
The original pedals were to far gone to restore so I have a set from a Manco that I'll be setting up. The brake lever will need a spring to pull it back into place once depressed. After that they will get paint and maybe something out on them for grip.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20190928_091913.jpg
    IMG_20190928_091913.jpg
    352.8 KB · Views: 9

5814SpeedCo

Member
Messages
150
Reaction score
8
Location
Fort Worth, TX
Been ripping around on the kart but decided that it needs some assistance with driving at night so.....I am adding a 12" LED light bar to the front. It looks pretty tough and will definitely light up the road.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20191016_181229.jpg
    IMG_20191016_181229.jpg
    423.2 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20191016_181244.jpg
    IMG_20191016_181244.jpg
    413.1 KB · Views: 7

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,204
Reaction score
4,183
I’m often repeating this but those pedals are interchangeable left and right—the best way is have them arching away from you and they’ll provide a foot rest as well in that orientation.

So the right pedal should be rotated 180 degrees and mounted on the left (as the brake), and do the same with the left pedal turning it into the gas pedal. Way more comfortable in my estimation. Just a thought.
 

5814SpeedCo

Member
Messages
150
Reaction score
8
Location
Fort Worth, TX
I’m often repeating this but those pedals are interchangeable left and right—the best way is have them arching away from you and they’ll provide a foot rest as well in that orientation.

So the right pedal should be rotated 180 degrees and mounted on the left (as the brake), and do the same with the left pedal turning it into the gas pedal. Way more comfortable in my estimation. Just a thought.

If I had the pedals as you suggest, the left tire would be rubbing on the pedal at full left turn. Plus my daughter is only 7 and wouldn't be able to reach the pedals.
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,204
Reaction score
4,183
If I had the pedals as you suggest, the left tire would be rubbing on the pedal at full left turn. Plus my daughter is only 7 and wouldn't be able to reach the pedals.

Check again, the pedals have the same offset whether facing towards you or away. No rubbing should occur. But....your mileage may vary.

I didn’t know your daughter was 7. :oops:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top