Our two Karts: one streaker fun wheels Kart and the Grasshopper BKS Kart

Doks

Reaction score
We live in Lake Wylie, South Carolina. We have approval from local Law Enforcement to ride with caution and abiding to stop signs within this neighborhood. One neighbor is a pain in the neck and calls the cops every single day. Last night the two responding officers whom are absolutely awesome guys! Stated they are ending his hissy fit and told him enough is enough!! The officers just asked my boys to stay away from his house but the rest of the neighborhood is theirs to enjoy riding in.

Doks

Reaction score
Honest to goodness fun is all I want for my sons and that’s very fun watching them enjoy their Karts. I live watching them and seeing how happy they are while doing so. That’s what it’s all about. They need to have fun and deserve to have what makes them happy and keeps them being outside and not playing video games.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Showing my stupid here, but what are those 2 units with the wires attached on the front of the Grasshopper?
About that neighbor..............You need to do your part as a good neighbor yourself. Get rid of the cheesy little tube mufflers on the header pipes, and put on some real mufflers that will keep those motors quiet.
Performance upgrades like free-flow exhaust and intake aren't much good without bigger main jets, and if you have those things they should be for the track or the wilderness. Be a good neighbor to your neighbor and to the cops he keeps calling, quieten those motors down.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
The small town I grew up in everyone knew everyone including who’s kids belonged to who. My best friend was the police chief’s son went to school with the mayor’s son and daughter. I hung around with the captain of detectives son. And except for a few people everyone would rather have us ride our motorcycles, mini bikes, gokarts and other junk we threw together on the street where they could watch us. Sometimes they even stoped us and joined in the fun, retired old guys! But if we saw the crabs out and they couldn’t get their mower started we would stop and help them or shovel a path at least in winter when it snowed. In talking to them we managed to find out they were not concerned with noise they were very worried about is getting hurt. So we brought our parents over to talk to them. Pretty innovative for a bunch of 10-14 year olds. But it did solve all the problems but one guy. Turns out when we rode past his house we messed with the picture on his TV. We all changed over to resistor plugs and bang problem solved. No more problems. What we figured out as kids is make friends with your enemies and bring as many over to the dark side as you can! A lot of old men learned how to have fun again as kids. This is before the days of everyone wearing helmets to go outside too.

Doks

Reaction score
Very true,
I made an agreement with the cops to put a muffler on the Kart and keep it much more acceptable for our neighborhood. Now my sons want to trade the custom streaker Kart for a Manco American Express.

Attachments

• 32767F63-9221-45D7-A68B-88A182A36C77.jpeg
    32767F63-9221-45D7-A68B-88A182A36C77.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 12
  • 88A24A67-55AE-497B-8934-FBB7690922E1.jpeg
    88A24A67-55AE-497B-8934-FBB7690922E1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8

Doks

Reaction score
That turquoise paint sure looks good. The streakers are just as good as the Amex.
My older son saw an image online and he has got the bug for a American Express. His dilemma is that I fixed it up from a wreck for them for Christmas. I just added Diamond plate to the floor board.

Attachments

• DEBBCFB1-0B46-4318-A87D-17C016C5BB61.jpeg
    DEBBCFB1-0B46-4318-A87D-17C016C5BB61.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 2

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
when we rode past his house we messed with the picture on his TV. We all changed over to resistor plugs and bang problem solved. No more problems.
Showing more stupid here, but please explain to me (and others) about resistor plugs, and what kind of plugs you were originally using.
This is extremely interesting, my brain is buzzing with thoughts of RF waves being generated (transmitted), the pulsing of a magneto or a coil firing creating a carrier wave,........................must know, have to know, need to know......................

Doks

Reaction score
Very funny! I run non resistor plugs in my 1972 Riviera GS and they are far better performers than resistor plugs by far.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
For the life of me I can’t remember the numbers of the plugs all I seem to remember is switching plugs. Non resistor plugs screw with old tv and am radio due to RFI interference unless the stuff is shielded. Vettes used to have that problem. Resistor plugs have an r in the number like instead of 45ts it would be r45ts (Chevy small block plug as an example). Doks you are right resistor plugs usually use a wider gap and the points ignition systems usually can’t handle the extra gap (Sometimes the HEIs did not like the extra gap either) due to high compression ratios or massive carbon buildup in worn engines. My bbc hated resistor plugs also, so I know what you mean. Every once in a while at the dealership we ran into the same thing.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
resistor plugs usually use a wider gap
Only ever saw a single gap setting measurement in any owner manual. Does this mean you have to know if the OEM plug is a resistor type or otherwise in order to have the correct OEM gap?
I use a Fieldpiece clamp-around meter in my toolcase that's only partially shielded from RF. Walking into a room with large running electric motors I can see a bleed reading appear in the air on the K scale. The Fluke in my shop won't do that. Going to turn on the Fieldpiece and shove it down close to my van's block, see if it's putting out any RF.
Will I only get a bleed reading out of the air if it does not have resistor plugs?