One tire fire isn't working for me :/

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeymike

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Alright so, I'm starting to work on my first kart, and of course I was changing the rear tires and it being a old frame it was all rusty bolts weren't greased (bad previous owner) but I been searching and wanted peoples input I would like to put a axel and make it both tire power..... What website and what will I need to do here's a pic of kartImageUploadedByTapatalk1409055091.888349.jpg
 

davidbooth1991

New member
Messages
283
Reaction score
0
Location
Nottingham UK
Hi mike. I don't suppose you'd mind filling your profile page :)...
Secondly I'd keep the small kart of yours fixed axle ( sprocket on a wheel ). As this gives a sort of differential. As in both wheel are free to spin either way. The pro and con with a live axle is yes it gives more traction ( good for off road) but live axle steering is compromised and you will notice the difference. Obviously that's not off road so I'd keep it fixed. But that's just me. You'll need pillow block bearings. New axle. Machined and keyed. Hubs for your sprocket, brake disc and wheels. Maybe some lock collars depending on which axle you buy. We need to no where you are to recommend anything though...
 

MancoGX390

Just tinkering...
Messages
332
Reaction score
5
Location
Devon, England
Well there are many sites, i prefer BMI Karts or Willards small engines. Converting to a live axle on that kart dosen't look like it would be to much to do, all you need to do is find the right size axle on a site you like, get some bearings and maybe some locking collars to stop everything moving about, a sprocket and hub, disc brake and hub or drumb brake and a caliper for the disc. If you want me to i can find all the parts you would need to save you time

EDIT: David you beat me to it lol!
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
Gonna ask 2 questions, and if you answer correctly, I'll tell you what kart you have. Is the tube at the rear axle round? (hoping it is..) The tube at the front axle, it is square, right? :popcorn::popcorn:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top