Old, Locked Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Howdy, boys and girls!

Over the last few months, we seem to have had an absolute rash of (mostly) new users dredging up moldy oldies, and (usually) posting something less than entirely crucial.

We fielded several complaints about this practice, and gave it careful consideration and deliberation. The end result is thus: Six months after the last post, a thread automatically locks. If you wish to post in such a locked thread, please feel free to contact a moderator. If YOU are the thread's OP, or have good info to contribute to the thread, we will gladly oblige your request and unlock the thread. In most other circumstances, we will likely advise you to start a new thread of your own. You may then wish to include a link to the thread in question, if there's something you want to reference there.

As always, feel free to PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns. -Cheers!

OzFab

Reaction score
Awesome, no more "this thread is (insert age here) old, please start a new one" posts, that was getting a bit tedious...

Thankyou Chris, Robert & all the other mods for making a wise decision

machinist@large

Reaction score
Dang!!!!!

Howdy, boys and girls!

Over the last few months, we seem to have had an absolute rash of (mostly) new users dredging up moldy oldies, and (usually) posting something less than entirely crucial.

We fielded several complaints about this practice, and gave it careful consideration and deliberation. The end result is thus: Six months after the last post, a thread automatically locks. If you wish to post in such a locked thread, please feel free to contact a moderator. If YOU are the thread's OP, or have good info to contribute to the thread, we will gladly oblige your request. In most other circumstances, we will likely advise you to start a new thread of your own. You may then wish to include a link to the thread in question, if there's something you want to reference there.

As always, feel free to PM me with any questions, comments, or concerns. -Cheers!

Awesome, no more "this thread is (insert age here) old, please start a new one" posts, that was getting a bit tedious...

Thankyou Chris, Robert & all the other mods for making a wise decision

:wai::thumbsup::cheers2: And people wonder why I love this site. Full kudo's to all of our industrious moderators, and a special round of thanks to our web site host, Sir Robert. (And if anyone thinks I'm making this up, stick around for awhile).

Now, repeat after me; the forum host and all the moderators are our friends.... they help us when we're lost, and make the site understandable.....

:cheers2::thumbsup::popcorn:

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
at your service!

"the forum host and all the moderators are our friends.... they help us when we're lost, and make the site understandable....."

Thanks guys! :cheers2:

'sid

DeathStarr89

Loose Nut
Reaction score
Are you running this on stickies as well or just regular threads?

I've been considering the same on a forum that I admin but just never seem to get around to it. Plus it's phpBB so who knows if that's even an option. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.