Old honda xr100

Status
Not open for further replies.

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
I found this on the local craigslist and im thinking of buying it. My plan is to take it apart, fix the timing, paint the chassis red, repaint the engine black, rims gold, new seat and an airfilter. Then id just ride it like that for a while. That way id have a cheap bike and since its a honda itll be reliable. I offered him 50 and my old blackberry and he said yes so I came here. What do you guys think? Is the timing chain an easy fix?

Hetes the ad. http://southcoast.craigslist.org/mcy/3410203753.html

landuse

Staff member
Reaction score
I think that the bike is going to be tiny. I had a pitbike with the same fuel tank, and it was a small bike.

The engine cover also looks a bit broken??

If it is not small, and it is just the timing chain that is messed up, then go for it. Did the chain damage anything when it came off?

OzFab

Reaction score
I think that the bike is going to be tiny. I had a pitbike with the same fuel tank, and it was a small bike.

I have to disagree with you there. That bike is old; drum brake = pre pitbike.

XR100 was an 80's 4 stroke offroad bike, usually used as a farm bike or similar

Kaptain Krunch

Pro Junk Collector
Reaction score
Yeah wont be tiny, but definitely not full size. I wouldn't pay $50 for it. Looks pretty beat, no air filter, and i believe its an interference engine, so you may have some bent valves.

j.concepcion54321

Rebuilding KTM, Need Kart
Reaction score
Ok guys a little update on the situation. The guy selling it says thatvthe previous owner got it running but it wasnt running at the time he sold it. When he bougt it he was told that it was something with the engine starting so he assumed it was the timing. the guy selling it now never did anything to it and since its taking up space he wants it go, hence the ptice.

I also found a 1984 dr125 for sa le for 150. He says it has solid compression but it needs carb work. Bike also needs the side fenders but has the ta nk and seat and front and back fenders. I havent gotten a reply from him yet though.

I sold my baja cause it wasnt getting any use. Made a 300 dollar profit which isnt bad for a chinese bike. Thats why im looking for another project. Im doing it with a friend though so its cost efficent and because his dad has a truck so we can transport it to riding spots.

Status
Not open for further replies.