Ok, here we go!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MOPARVICK

Reaction score
I have gotten some good input from some of you guys in my introduction thread. I greatly appreciate the information and opinions provided so far. I think I have (finally) got a handle on what to do with this thing, and I thought it would be time to come out of the corner (intro thread) and put this out there.

Kart is a Streaker Fun Wheels
Predator 212 from Harbor Break--side note, how do I know if this is a HEMI or not (being a Mopar guy, this intrigues me!)

I measured the bearings (or attempted to) last night. ID is 5/8"... I measured the OD at 1 1/4", but don't see that OD available. I DID see 1 3/8". Did I fail at the OD measurement?

I am just going to get bearings, and paint the 5" front wheels, and the 6" rear wheels, and the hubs that are on the kart now.

I have attached a screenshot of what I have picked out at BMI right now. If any of you have suggestions (if something wont work, or if you know something that will work better), or know where I can find this stuff for less ching, please let me know.
bmi wish list.jpg

I will still need to figure out a throttle cable after I get everything mocked up. I also still need to see if the tie rods will adjust. I am starting to feel a little better about this whole deal thanks to the guys here who have wrinkled my brain! :thumbsup:

MOPARVICK

Reaction score
Yes, for a 7.2:1 ratio to slow the kart down. Once I know he can drive it, and is comfortable with it, I will put the 12t back on it.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
But.....how do you plan on accomplishing that? The sprocket and bell on the clutch are one piece. You would have to AT LEAST...add a shaft and drill and tap, or ....mill off the sprocket, and weld on the new one....(so much for changing it back!)

Not saying you can't do it....(I could) ....but are you really ready for all that?

I'd sooner build a jackshaft or get a TC.

MOPARVICK

Reaction score
I ASSuME'D it was replaceable

^^^^MY HEAD^^^^

I guess the boy is just going to have to have a crash course in steering and braking!

Modified49

Reaction score
looking at it your sprocket and brake hub have different bolt patterns are you running them seperate? on all of my carts the brake hub and sprocket mount on the same hub

MOPARVICK

Reaction score
looking at it your sprocket and brake hub have different bolt patterns are you running them seperate? on all of my carts the brake hub and sprocket mount on the same hub

Good catch! No, that is my stupidity. I was thinking the wheel bolt pattern. Im going to go hang myself now............

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Yep I like the Ebay kit too. Let some one else do the thinking and searching for matched up parts. Plus I like that clutch better.
As far as your bearings: standard size is 1 3/8. Now I wouldnt say you measured Wrong... Wait yes I would. LOL

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
Yep I like the Ebay kit too. Let some one else do the thinking and searching for matched up parts. Plus I like that clutch better.
As far as your bearings: standard size is 1 3/8. Now I wouldnt say you measured Wrong... Wait yes I would. LOL

Yeah, those are some funny looking calipers.....but....yeah ....gotta be 1 3/8".

MOPARVICK

Reaction score
Haha! Too late sucker! He had a guy offer him $300, but held up to his gentleman's agreement to hold until today, and let me have it for $200!

The one is a Murray... I am starting to think the other one is hand made?? It had a Tecumseh vertical shaft with what appears to be a RAGB on it. I wonder if I can swap my Honda Motor to it and make this little buggy move for baby girl.

The Murray has a new Predator 212 on it, but I think the guy messed up the throttle trying to make it work. He loosened the nut where the linkage pivots, and now it just doesn't work right. I tried adjusting it. Other than that, the tires need air, I need to correct the clutch sprocket to axle sprocket alignment, and wire a kill switch in.

Attachments

• 20151226_204015.jpg
    20151226_204015.jpg
    297.3 KB · Views: 7
  • 20151226_204023.jpg
    20151226_204023.jpg
    296.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 20151226_204055.jpg
    20151226_204055.jpg
    318.7 KB · Views: 2
  • 20151226_215057.jpg
    20151226_215057.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 20151226_215108.jpg
    20151226_215108.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 2

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Nice deal! You stole that schnit!
Weird that throttle looks ok. You are supposed to loosen that nut so the throttle will spring back to idle... HMMMmm.

MOPARVICK

Reaction score
He OVER loosened it is guess, because the junk don't work lol. I'm going to look at it this afternoon. About to take the boy to see Star Wars I guess

Status
Not open for further replies.