Oil Sensor and Go-kart Engines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard III

Reaction score
Yesturday I found an extremly good piece of information and it maybe very helpful to you if your gokart is having troulbe running while takeing turns. I have a Central Machinery 6.5 hp engine that I mounted on my Stingray gokart frame about 2 yrs ago and ever since then I was not able to take right turns on my gokart so I would just have to go in counterclockwise circles all the time. when I took right turns the engine woudl just quit like its "running out of gas" almost like the fule in the carb was being push away by centrifugal force or something, and so I would have to stop and restart it. The other day while doing a search on the internet I read about a guy with the same engine and he mounted it on a tiller and his engine would quit everytime he whent up an incline and his suggestion was that the oil sensor would "sense a low oil level" and shut the engine down by closeing the switch in the oil sensor and connecting the engine to ground. We came up with the thought that the right turns and inclines would push the oil away from the sensor and the sensor would think there is low oil and shutt the engine down. Our solution was to disconnect the oil sensor from the ground wire and wah-la it worked perfectly and I can take any turn I want now! So you may want to look at your engines oil sensor if it is quiting every tiem you take a particular turn.

:thumbsup:
Ricky

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Most people that buy or get a clone disable the oil sensor first thing. It's a really common problem with those engines, from what I hear.

Richard III

Reaction score
Ohh I didnt know that most people knew that - woops - well anyways thoguth it might help a few

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
It's a kart site dude, we know everything! LOL, just kidding, but most people are more than willing to help out! Feel free to ask any questions you may have, however, you may find what you're wanting to know by using the search. Many topics have been covered already and sometimes repeatedly in several threads.

I encourage you to search first and if you can't find what you're wanting, then put up a new thread. :thumbsup:

sayre315

Rupp enduro
Reaction score
the only peron here that knows everything is russ :)
and maybe a few other guys
including everybody but me lol
but yea, we would all be more than happy to answor any questions as long as its not about where babys come from or why kibble always has somthin funny to say

Status
Not open for further replies.