off road 750 bike engined gokart

Status
Not open for further replies.

robin

Reaction score
got some 18 7 inch chevron tires and rims so looks like its going to be on off road beast

im thinking about front suspention by using doble a arms unsure of what to use as a rear axel i will be using pillow block berings becuse i can get hold of them farleay easy

Rickracer

RM250 Race Kart Driver
Reaction score
If this is gonna be a serious effort, I'd recommend independent rear suspension and double a-arms out back too, You could build a box-like cage for your rear spindles and use two regular kart bearings and cassettes on each side, use 1 1/4 axles and the heaviest duty u-joints you can find for that size shaft. :cool:

modelengineer

Lord of the noise
Reaction score
1 1/4" High Tensile 4140 Chromoly (Precision Ground) bar is what you want for the axle. 4140 PG HT bar, the steel shop should know what you're talking about.

That's if you're going with a straight axle, which I wouldn't recommend. Rickracer is right with double A-arms. Also for that much power you would be better off with CV joints rather than universal joints. I think you'd find even range rover uni-joints to be too weak. Of course a straight axle is possible, and MUCH cheaper. It just won't perform nearly as well.

I should also point out that that engine is too heavy to mount on a swingarm. You would need to do like my sidewinder and have the swingarm pivot, and the engine sprocket axially inline so the chain doesn't stretch and come off.

robin

Reaction score
i can get hold of cv joints off a car my m8 is selling a car for 100quis so im thinking about getting it and using the hubs off it

im thinkd about geting the stub axels of a small traler for the front wheels if the bolts line up with the wheels i have

Status
Not open for further replies.