odd ball questions for odd ball build

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Can’t be wind since it doesn’t move fast enough to be concerned with aerodynamics.

No way air got under that wing on top.

Sudden jerk of the wheel to avert colliding with bald Eagle is what I suspect.

I used Koyo crankshaft bearings in one 212. At the time DesertDueler told me they was good bearings. And that’s all the knowledge I have of bearings.

Live axle, with unlimited traction, maybe top heavy. I’d flip it for sure.

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Reaction score
Oh and I see a trailer hub was put on the other end of the axle so I guess it’s not a live axle. If it’s not a live axle but the axle still spins, I guess that’s some unnecessary rotating mass.

I guess you could have the kids calculate the moment of inertia of the axle. Do some rotational acceleration physics. Sure karts are fun, but angular acceleration is fundamental. lol

nobled2

Reaction score
The track was a bit wet from the morning dew and the side load was just more than our small tires could hold. Wiggled a little bit and student overcorrected and just dumped it over on its side.

As for the trailer hub, the live axle just killed it whenever it was turned and this was my way of giving it a "differential" so the two ends weren't fighting each other. Didn't need traction but did need to free it up to roll freely.

Dorotnas

Reaction score
The track was a bit wet from the morning dew and the side load was just more than our small tires could hold. Wiggled a little bit and student overcorrected and just dumped it over on its side.
For those engrossed in the "After the Fall" universe, I stumbled upon a valuable resource – the official match schedule for the Fortnite World Cup 2024. This comprehensive guide at https://www.vpesports.com/fortnite-world-cup-2024-match-schedule provides a detailed breakdown of match timings, participating teams, and anticipated showdowns. It's a goldmine for enthusiasts seeking to stay informed and plan their gaming schedules accordingly. Whether you're a seasoned player or a casual observer, this schedule ensures you won't miss any of the intense action.

It sounds like you encountered some challenges with the track conditions and trailer hub, resulting in a bit of a mishap. Adding a "differential" to the trailer hub was a smart move to improve its performance and allow for smoother rolling. Adaptability and problem-solving are key in situations like these.

nobled2

Reaction score
It sounds like you encountered some challenges with the track conditions and trailer hub, resulting in a bit of a mishap. Adding a "differential" to the trailer hub was a smart move to improve its performance and allow for smoother rolling. Adaptability and problem-solving are key in situations like these.
Our big change this year is going to 36v setup with batteries though. With the limits on Wh, we are trying lithium batteries in place of SLA to have similar useable capacity.

running three 16ah deep cycle batteries in parallel with three small motorcycle starting batteries with 2.5ah and running the three battery packs in series. It did give us the speed but the weather has not been kind enough to allow us to run it in the sun to see if it will run a distance and then accept a charge. Hoping it can handle the amps and not trigger the bms into shutting down

nobled2

Reaction score
Found out what a lithium battery smells like just before the smokeshow begins this weekend.

Been having trouble keeping battery packs balanced and tried to balance them. I have done this several times before but always inside and under cover. We were outside and when I had hooked up battery packs in parallel, they were getting 12v instead of 36, and 30 amp instead of 10.

Overcharging is bad

Rat

Reaction score
Found out what a lithium battery smells like just before the smokeshow begins this weekend.

Been having trouble keeping battery packs balanced and tried to balance them. I have done this several times before but always inside and under cover. We were outside and when I had hooked up battery packs in parallel, they were getting 12v instead of 36, and 30 amp instead of 10.

Overcharging is bad
You clearly linked the batteries serial instead of parallel. Oops!
Although... a serial parallel pack (36v 30ah) would probably be cheating, it would go the distance.

nobled2

Reaction score
You clearly linked the batteries serial instead of parallel. Oops!
Although... a serial parallel pack (36v 30ah) would probably be cheating, it would go the distance.

I disconnected the cables that went from the positive to the negative between the batteries and used some simple jumper wires to connect all three positives and all three negatives. The batteries were wired up parallel.

That was not my problem as I hade done this before in the shed where we generally work on this thing. I was outside in the full sun with 1050W of solar panels pumping out the amps. Batteries seemed to be handling it until they got a taste of real power, lol

Should have unhooked the batteries from the charging system, entirely my fault

• Haha
Reactions: Rat

nobled2

Reaction score
Had our race this weekend. Didn't fare as well as we had hoped.

Our first driver did not complete the first lap before she wrecked herself. No injuries, just scared her. I think she was just nervous and overthinking it. Not comfortable behind the wheel. We were able to put it back together on the side of the road to participate in the final marathon heat where we did as well as anyone else.

"Checkers or Wreckers" indeed

Waiting for official results to be posted so we can find out how our presentation team did

nobled2

Reaction score
For safety you guys need to widen that kart before someone gets hurt.
Need proper tools to do that right but might have to make do with wider axle and let it fly. For where we drive it in the race, I still don't think it is the kart that is the problem. I think our driver just wasn't prepared to drive, plain and simple. Nerves and all. kid that drove it in final marathon heat had zero problems with stability.

If next sponsor gets speed out of it, they may have to do something but this was my last year. I am moving out of the area.

I did enjoy it though, it was interesting

Reaction score
Need proper tools to do that right but might have to make do with wider axle and let it fly. For where we drive it in the race, I still don't think it is the kart that is the problem. I think our driver just wasn't prepared to drive, plain and simple. Nerves and all. kid that drove it in final marathon heat had zero problems with stability.

If next sponsor gets speed out of it, they may have to do something but this was my last year. I am moving out of the area.

I did enjoy it though, it was interesting
It seems like yall had two crashes due to unprepared drivers. Maybe a trainer course or practices?