• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Not really "FUN", this is actually sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score

SpyGuy

Hooligan
Reaction score
Man, that sucks ....... bigtime. People like that shouldn't be allowed to live.

Useless trivia factoid: the clockwise swastika is actually an old Native American symbol, and was featured on Western items such as blankets, woven bowls, cowboy spurs, and even poker chips. Sorry, I can't quite remember what the original significance of the symbol was right now .... (I believe it was like a good-fortune thing, though). When Hitler adopted the swastika as his own symbol, he reversed the direction (counter-clockwise). In response to the perversion of what was once a good-fortune symbol, the Native Amercans and cowboys destroyed everything that had the swastika on it, so as not to be confused with Hitler's. However, not all memorabilia was destroyed, and if you can find one of the original pieces with the clockwise swastika on it, you have a VERY rare item.

572bigblock

Reaction score
I've also heard the swaztika was adopted from the Japanese(?) which was originally a symbol for peace.
Thats really sick what they did to that car, though. I dont like imported cars, and I'm not Jewish, but I would never EVER think about doing something like that to someone elses private property, even if I did not like them. As if damaging the paint wasnt bad enough, they had the guts to slice up the seats and go to town under the hood. If you have a problem with someone, take it out one-on-one. Vandilizing someone elses property is a chicken$hit way of going about something.

Kenny_McCormic

Kartless....
Reaction score
Useless trivia factoid: the clockwise swastika is actually an old Native American symbol, and was featured on Western items such as blankets, woven bowls, cowboy spurs, and even poker chips. Sorry, I can't quite remember what the original significance of the symbol was right now .... (I believe it was like a good-fortune thing, though). When Hitler adopted the swastika as his own symbol, he reversed the direction (counter-clockwise). In response to the perversion of what was once a good-fortune symbol, the Native Amercans and cowboys destroyed everything that had the swastika on it, so as not to be confused with Hitler's. However, not all memorabilia was destroyed, and if you can find one of the original pieces with the clockwise swastika on it, you have a VERY rare item.

The swastika was actually a very common(good) symbol before Hitler around the world http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika

SpyGuy

Hooligan
Reaction score
Kenny, thank you for the link. All I knew about was the Western part of it (actually saw a blanket and a couple of poker chips witht the swastika on them at a museum).
-----------------

Regardless of the history, though, this was definitely a hate crime, and I hope the perpetrators are caught and punished. I think if I had caught them doing this, THEY would be the ones calling the police, screaming for help .....

Big Daddy

Reaction score
In the sticks, Between Champaign/Danville IL.
Useless trivia factoid: the clockwise swastika is actually an old Native American symbol, and was featured on Western items such as blankets, woven bowls, cowboy spurs, and even poker chips.

Absolutely, a debate was sparked at work when it was one of our music halls had said symbol at the roof for decoration. Thankfully the Building is on the National Historic Register so those crying did not get too far :oops:

Look at the bright side, unlike many pics of this nature, at least the person is practicing trigger discipline, it may not be proper grip but at least the finger is not on the trigger!

Status
Not open for further replies.