Northern Tool

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaredrattray

Reaction score
Could people please post thier experiences with Northern Tool website? It seems I have to order my parts from them as the only stockists of pillow block bearings in Australia are too bloody expensive. What are they like for quality, shipping price, shipping times etc? Im planning to go for a 30mm axle setup so now I need to find sprocket carrier and disc carriers for 30mm aswell, not to mention wheels.

Cheers!

ryf

Reaction score
northern tool here stateside is good... down under, I dunno? here they don't carry 30mm, unless thats an inch (I'm a stupid american, please forgive) but they are where I got my pillow blocks and axle and etc... I like them, and trust em.

mikeandike

Reaction score
1 inch = 2.54 cm and 3 cm (30mm) = 1.2 inches. I don't believe northern has metric although i've never checked so you will probably have to convert all your measurements of things you are going to buy from them.

jaredrattray

Reaction score
Hey you were right Northern Tool dont do metric pillow blocks! But I did find heaps of them on ebay and in 30mm size too :) That is handy since I want to have 30mm axle and disc & sprocket carriers are common in that size. Wheels are the next challenge.

my_mini_bike

Reaction score
i'm from down under too and needed bearings and all the toher stuff but i found it all in my pops shed, do you know any one that has a shed full of rubbish that might come in handy one day .... ?

jaredrattray

Reaction score
Well my dad is a total steptoe he has a workshop and 3 sheds that are impossible to walk through, but alas not pillow block bearings! If i wanted to do it dodgy without good bearings and proper gear I could use old bike parts which he has plenty of but I want it to be built with reasonably decent stuff. The frame and engine can be done for free it just the sprocket, brakes, bearings and wheels I want to pay for to get good ones. Ebay is looking like my best friend at the moment :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.