• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

no place to ride

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffm352

Reaction score
i live in ocala florida. and was wondering if any buddy knows of a place to ride my gokart. the cops got me as soon as i pulled it on the street so that aint going to work.it would be nice to open it up on pavement to see what it will do. but its realy a off road kart.only bad thing is i got to trailer it but that aint no problem.
thanks for any info.

anderkart

Reaction score
If you have any areas nearby with big industrial/warehouses you can usualy track down a secluded parking lot where they wont kick you out or call the cops. (especially on the weekends)

I also posted craigslist ads looking for other kart guys also in need of a place to ride or that had already found a cool place. Lots of us get to the point that riding karts alone becomes boring and I had serveral guys reply and turn me on to their cool riding spots.

oscaryu1

Reaction score
Join the club. Ended up garaging my kart for a bit, getting a small gas/electric scooter, modding it up, take taking it to the sidewalks.

Then I found a huge plot of land (grass and mud) to play around in. Thinking of a 5 person go kart... with a turret :)

kartkiller

DasBoot!!
Reaction score
pffft, I ride in my back yard. I have .13 acres of land....total. It's fun dodging the fenceline and old truck. The belt got jammed causing the cart to jump forward slamming me into the tailgate one time. It sucked ***

jeffm352

Reaction score
no where to ride

thanks guys. no industrial parks around here and my yard is way to small. but i was told i could ride in the ocala state forest but its real rough.sounds like a back ache.but i dint spend all that money just to look at it. it would be nice to go to a dirt track where they race cars now that would be fun and smooth

crappyballer

T-Tecumseh?
Reaction score
i like this thread, if anyone is in chicago or surrounding suburbs i have a nice place to go ride if anyone is interested shoot me a pm.

jorge0136

Reaction score
The craigslist idea is clever I am thinking I will have to do that. If Anyone lives in Washington or near it I am looking for someone to ride with.

anderkart

Reaction score
Thanks. Since theres no defined craigslist section for go karts, make sure your ad includes all the diferent spellings for go kart so anyone doing a search will find yours.
I simply ended my ad with: (go kart, gokart, gocart, go cart)

Status
Not open for further replies.