• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

No electrical power

RabbiTTSV

Reaction score
So, I bought my son one of those Chinese off-brand go karts last summer and it ran well through the following several months. It then sat for 2 months this winter. We went to fire it up this weekend and it had no power. Checked the battery and it was dead and despite 2 days on the car charger, no dice so bought a new one. Despite this there is no power: no lights, no horns, no turn signal and no cranking. I hear a click in the dash when we use the remote to unlock it but nothing else. I have tried even hand-cranking using the pull-crank and it will not start. I checked the fuse and it is intact. I tried hot-wiring it and still no dice.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Rabbitt

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Maybe look for a relay, under the dash
...follow the "click"

Was it stored indoors or outdoors?

Not starting by the pull start, either?
...sounds like something is not "turning on"

RabbiTTSV

Reaction score
Maybe look for a relay, under the dash
...follow the "click"

Was it stored indoors or outdoors?

Not starting by the pull start, either?
...sounds like something is not "turning on"
The click is under the dash seems to be coming from an ECU perhaps the locking control unit.
There is a relay but no sound is coming from that.

It was stored indoors and unfortunately got wet a few times.

Nope no starter from the pull crank either.

RabbiTTSV

Reaction score
Check the ignition coil and spacing...and make sure there isn't a loose wire deading things out.
Well I’ve traced all the wiring from battery on up and not found anything loose or not connected. I get no power for any electrical components with the key switched on. I finally got a multimeter but it’s been raining the past 2 days. So as soon as it dries up I’m going to check the various points.