No clue as to identity - Can you help

Status
Not open for further replies.

douglively

Doug Lively
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Hephzibah, Georgia
I know some of you love this, and some of you hate this....but I bought my first cart and have no idea what it is. I ask for a few reasons, first is ordering parts. Second is looking for diy help. A description may help, pictures to follow if I am intelligent enough to post them. It has dual disc brakes with the disc seemingly locking in the inside half of the caliper (which is what initiated this Thread, i.e a brake job). It sports a slip differential situated to the left of center from the drivers seat perspective. Engine is a B&S Industrial Pro. Drive is a Comet Torq-A-Verter labeled as asymmetrical. Primary reason for asking is trying to do a brake job. Looks as if the disc must be removed to get the inside 1/2 of caliper removed for cleaning, oiling, loosening, etc. So, new to this group and hope you can help. Here we go trying to post the still pictures. Wish me luchk!
 

douglively

Doug Lively
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Hephzibah, Georgia
Pictures (hopefully)

Lemme know if you can see these pictures
 

Attachments

  • 20160119_202920 vertical.jpg
    20160119_202920 vertical.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 20160119_202819 vertical.jpg
    20160119_202819 vertical.jpg
    270.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 20160119_202832 vertical.jpg
    20160119_202832 vertical.jpg
    240 KB · Views: 13
  • 20160119_202840 vertical.jpg
    20160119_202840 vertical.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 13
  • 20160119_202849 vertical.jpg
    20160119_202849 vertical.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 11

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
93
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Pics look good. How about a couple close ups of the brake calipers.

Also i think that kart may be a "Clark" No big deal ordering parts though, any old go kart parts should fit.
Go to "FAQs and Articles"
First thread is a long list of places to buy parts.
Some popular places are:
Go Power sports... Forum member
BMI Karts good prices high shipping
MFG Supply flat rate shipping 6.99 all you can order. 1 part or 50.
AFG Affordable go Karts. good website with how tos and parts.

Welcome to the forum. Get your buddies to join too.
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
72
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
I could be wrong but, somehow, I don't think that axle setup is stock; if the discs & sprocket are that big, how big are the tyres?

From what I can see in the pics (when asking questions about a particular part, it helps to have close-ups of the part in question ;)), the calipers appear to be standard mechanical calipers, parts for those (if needed) should be easy enough to source...

As for accessing &/or removing the inner half of the calipers, your best bet is probably to slide the discs along the axle; looking at the bearing hangers, this is required to remove the axle anyway...

Having said that, sliding the discs may sound easy enough but, if there's a few years of rust, dirt, etc, buildup on the axle, the discs may be bound up & may require a little work & persuasion to move them...

AFG Affordable go Karts.

That would be AGK ;)
 

douglively

Doug Lively
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Hephzibah, Georgia
More pictures. Rear tires are huge 22 X 11 - 8. Two axle bearings on each side. A 1 5/16 nut on end of axle will prove fun to break loose. Looks like Allen set screws attach disc to axle. More pictures
 

Attachments

  • 20160120_131501[1].jpg
    20160120_131501[1].jpg
    394.1 KB · Views: 5
  • 20160120_131448[1].jpg
    20160120_131448[1].jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20160120_131219[1].jpg
    20160120_131219[1].jpg
    370 KB · Views: 14
  • 20160120_131155[1].jpg
    20160120_131155[1].jpg
    446.6 KB · Views: 5
  • 20160120_131507[1].jpg
    20160120_131507[1].jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 4

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
72
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
A 1 5/16 nut on end of axle will prove fun to break loose.

Nothing some penetrating oil (PB Blaster) & a bit of leverage won't fix...

Looks like Allen set screws attach disc to axle.

That sounds about right; however, as I stated earlier, by now, there's probably a fair amount of rust holding them in place too...

What anchors the discs to the hubs, rivets or bolts?
 

douglively

Doug Lively
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Hephzibah, Georgia
Nothing some penetrating oil (PB Blaster) & a bit of leverage won't fix...



That sounds about right; however, as I stated earlier, by now, there's probably a fair amount of rust holding them in place too...

What anchors the discs to the hubs, rivets or bolts?

Rivets to a collar. Collar seems to be held on by a set screw.

---------- Post added at 07:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 PM ----------

Chancer said looks like it might be a "Clark" kart? Other opinions or do most agree?
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
72
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Bugger; bolts would've made life easier...

There should be at least two set screws, usually 90° apart...
 
Last edited:

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
93
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Wait a minute....:toetap05: DOUG? are you a Politician? :sifone: I see that sign under your Kart.
 

douglively

Doug Lively
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Hephzibah, Georgia
Who me, Politician?

Wait a minute....:toetap05: DOUG? are you a Politician? :sifone: I see that sign under your Kart.

I made one unsuccessful foray into local politics. Thouhgt I could make a difference. Silly Me!

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Please don't hold it against me...
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
I made one unsuccessful foray into local politics. Thouhgt I could make a difference. Silly Me!

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:13 PM ----------

Please don't hold it against me...

Too young and honest no doubt....get older and more crooked and try again....
 

douglively

Doug Lively
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
Location
Hephzibah, Georgia
Too young and honest no doubt....get older and more crooked and try again....

Fool me once, shame on you. I won't be fooled twice. I will stick to Karts. Still trying to post up videos. I uploaded to Photobucket, but got no further.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

http://http://vid551.photobucket.com/albums/ii467/dlively/01_15_2015%20Go%20Karts%20from%20Taylor.mp4

---------- Post added at 03:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 PM ----------

http://vid551.photobucket.com/albums/ii467/dlively/01_15_2015%20Go%20Karts%20from%20Taylor.mp4

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:35 PM ----------

http://vid551.photobucket.com/albums/ii467/dlively/01_15_2015%20Go%20Karts%20from%20Jake%201.mp4

---------- Post added at 03:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

I posted three links above. The first is no good, but let me know if you can see the bottom two.

Thanks,
Doug
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
93
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
Yes the second 2 work. I mentioned this on your other thread.

Thanks for sharing on the Signs. Congratulations on your loss. Trust Me, you are better off :roflol:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top