Next project

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joel

Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm back again from a long break. I don't hav pics on this phone right now but I'll try to get some.
I just bought a dingo kart from my neighbor. Wonderful condition. It has a 5 hp Briggs on it and it is slow and doesn't hav much power and that is not my type of thing.
Where shud I start for more power and speed??

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Make it fit. lol
But seriously a dingo should have no problem fitting a 212. Kartfab has a GX390 on his.

Eric87

Reaction score
Yes the motor was moved up and back . To clear the seat and make room for a torque converter. There is no dingo without a torque converter.

hardcorewill

Reaction score
Motor mount

Motor mounted on 2inch square tubing for tc clearance.

Attachments

• IMG_20160910_144105265_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160910_144105265_HDR.jpg
    383.7 KB · Views: 14

Eric87

Reaction score
Motor mounted on 2inch square tubing for tc clearance.

I see the reason for the motor lift . But why did you cut the frame? You could have just made the 2" tubes 11" long and moved the motor back that way. No frame mod needed . Unless you wanted to stretch the wheel base. Your end result does look good . Just not sure I would want to lose all that frame.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I see the reason for the motor lift . But why did you cut the frame? You could have just made the 2" tubes 11" long and moved the motor back that way. No frame mod needed . Unless you wanted to stretch the wheel base. Your end result does look good . Just not sure I would want to lose all that frame.

Go see his thread. that is an articulating Frame!
and the silver parts on the very back is a Cooler rack!
http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=34066

pRoFiT

Can't buy it?, build it!
Reaction score
Is he using car tires!! i got to go look at his thread now. thanks guys. I've got similar pred/tav on mine and i think i need to bring it up 2" as well from frame. hmm. good to see someone with it mounted that way.

Functional Artist

Reaction score
Yes the motor was moved up and back . To clear the seat and make room for a torque converter. There is no dingo without a torque converter.

Not so fast, there Buster!

I got a Dingo without a torque converter. :thumbsup:

Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5EK9EOulsY

On this test ride, the controller had some issues but, the kart moved right along.

It's only set up to run @ 36V right now, which with this motor, tops out @ 2,592 RPM's.

FYI: These motors produce 72 RPM's per volt of input & capable of running up to 72V.

So, if it's run @ 48V it produces 3,456 RPM's & so on.

@ 72V it would be cranking @ a whopping 5,184 RPM's

Instant torque & no (power robbing) converter required! :2guns:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.