Newbie here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

fukugmo

Reaction score
Hey all! I just purchased my first kart at age 40 something and so excited to dive headfirst into the hobby. This is a dream come true for me. I always loved driving karts and now have one to call my own.

My new toy!

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/picture.php?albumid=1140&pictureid=7561

I believe I have an entry level kart (Promokart w/ 3.5HP Tecumseh) and purchased because I loved the NASCAR body (not the Team and couldnt find a Mopar) and the condition was amazing for what I believe is a 13 year old kart. It was obviously garage kept and used very sparingly. Starts cold on 1 pull.

Any other Promokart owners out there? Any insight on Promokarts?

I plan on tinkering and modifying as much as possible, failing at times and learning all I can in the process. I believe I can learn much from the members on here and hope this kart is my stepping stone to other, faster, more sophisticated karts but ya gotta start somewhere, right? Another goal is to get my son into kart racing as he has a real need for speed at age 4 and IMHO has demonstrated impressive steering and skid out control with his Peg Perego Polarus since he first drove at age 2. I cant drive down the road without him saying "faster faster" or "can you pass that car"? May other things make me believe he has some talent and certainly the heart for competitive racing. Ever see a 4 year old refuse to let an 8 year old pass him on a pedal car track?

I connected with qtband and am so thankful for his help so far.

I have a ton to learn and hope to get solid guidance from those willing and able to help. As I have no experience with karts or small engines, my value to this forum will be minimal in those areas but if anyone needs help with career advice (how to resolve conflict, issues at work or get that raise or promotion), interview coaching, job search guidance or resume assistance, these are my areas of expertise and I would be happy to help.

In addition, I am always happy to talk BBQ and Big Green Egg and/or Kamodo style cooking!

Drive fast and take chances!!

Last edited:

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Still can't see your pic and Gewgle (evil!) wants me to log in. Still, no one wants to follow an outside link to a pic.

Why not upload them here?

Attachments

• Worthless I.jpg
    Worthless I.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 5

fukugmo

Reaction score
Sorry still learning the functionality....of life in general apparently

It wont let me paste the pic......

It asks for a URL of image and I dont see one when clicking on image in my files....

My car is my profile pic and I created an album....what am I missing here to add to post?

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

I think I figured it out....link posted

---------- Post added at 12:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:32 AM ----------

I think I figured it out....diygokarts link posted in edit

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Wheee, Clorox bleach :ack2: :cool:

Cool beans, mang.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
In addition, I am always happy to talk BBQ and Big Green Egg and/or Kamodo style cooking!

Drive fast and take chances!!

OMG! You DIDN'T just say that!!!! Our resident Satan is a BBQ snob. You're in trouble.

We welcome clueless kart owners ( it's what we're here for )... But BBQ ( expect Joe to criticize every single thing you do ).

He's an old fart that thinks he knows it all, because he cooked brisket professionally.

EDIT: Personality, I love to talk BBQ, and possiblaby some others, just brace yourself for Joe.

Welcome to the forum.

fukugmo

Reaction score
OMG! You DIDN'T just say that!!!! Our resident Satan is a BBQ snob. You're in trouble.

We welcome clueless kart owners ( it's what we're here for )... But BBQ ( expect Joe to criticize every single thing you do ).

He's an old fart that thinks he knows it all, because he cooked brisket professionally.

EDIT: Personality, I love to talk BBQ, and possiblaby some others, just brace yourself for Joe.

Welcome to the forum.

I am always the student...thanks for the welcome...and the warning!! 🙄

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.