Newbie Cart Enthusiast

Status
Not open for further replies.

souperman000

New member
Messages
2,466
Reaction score
11
Location
Westlake Village, CA
Welcome to the Forum! Where abouts in Michigan are you from?

Now the kart. $200 may seem a little steep but it is a fully functioning kart (I hope). What do other karts like that run in your area? If you want this one, Id bid him starting at $120 or so, you can always go up but not down. Also, how long the ad has been up might help you get a better price. Keep searching, maybe a better kart for a better price will pop up. Don't just take the first one. :thumbsup:

You may find that this hobby ain't great for the monetary challenged at times. :lolgoku:
 

nh10798

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
Brighton/Howell Area. I'm going to see how low he will go on it and I want to know a little more about it but as of right now hes not responding via email :mad2: As for other karts in my area this one is more like what im looking for. That blue one in the background is really cool but alas, it is sold.
 

Half-breeder

"Edit" button removed
Messages
1,686
Reaction score
9
I just getting into this since i'm a poor teenager and I want something to work on....

Seen this for sale.. 200$ seems a little steep but what do I know..

no details at this time on the kart just pics. (green one)

http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/sno/4018071663.html

:auto:

....This is just a 'personal opinion' but 'if' I were you and wanted to 'work' on something... I would choose a much more modifiable frame/design. "That" kart you posted for $200. you could add $50 and get http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/sno/4045272717.html ... which in my opinion is MUCH more modifiable than the one you posted. Nothing 'against' that one, but it looks like someone got a plan for a 'cheap' made frame/design, and made more than one of em(probably spent close to 100-150$ mats...maybe less if he 'had' the mats already). That one you linked, Id have to say you WILL be limited w/ what you 'can'/'want' to do w/ it....imo.

I may be way off on this... but I found this http://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/mpo/4043169025.html ... not sure your area n distance... but if I wanted a cart to work on id travel probably up to 50 miles for this links cart... or atleast id contact him n see whats up. Imo it would be a perfect "...and I want something to work on...." cart. And something like that could probably still fit in a normal car's trunk(tied down). My 2 seater fits in my Toyota camry's trunk(just gotta remove steering wheel), with just the motor n rearend sticking out.

...and yes ppl would laugh at me and point as I drove down the road... cart rear sticking out of back of trunk... and a 4ft safety flag whipping in the wind...:wai:. a cop pulled me once "...to make sure it was secured properly...". He was such a liar... he just wanted to see the whole cart...lol. Had me pull it out n start it, asked a butt-load of ?'s bout it...blahblahblah. then gave me a warning ticket...lol that bass turd!:2guns:

Type "go cart" or "go kart" in your area's main CL page... some ppl post things in 'wrong' catagories, so going to atv/motorcycles and searching there... you could be missing out on a kick butt deal!

... But I agree w/ Souper... $200 is abit steep for such a simple lil cart like that.
 

nh10798

New member
Messages
3
Reaction score
0
update on this: its got a briggs 4hp with a stub axle. claims 30 mph. band brake and kill switch. hes says he will go 180.
 

Fast Eddie

Member
Messages
281
Reaction score
22
Location
Out in the garage
Start with this American Express (CL Flint-asking $500 but prob $2-300 could grab it)



Strip off the cage and other assorted junk, throw on some street tires and you can have this (for little $$)



Link to kart on Flint CL

http://flint.craigslist.org/rvs/3981204782.html
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top