New

Status
Not open for further replies.

Breal

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Indiana
First mini bike. I started with a used Baja warrior frame and no motor. Got a wood chipper with a 5HP Briggs. Added a torque converter clutch. Now I'm trying to convert the lever throttle to the twist. And I'm really struggling. I've looked at lots of threads and how to's but I'm still unsure. Anyone help!? Central Indiana.
 

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Messages
1,785
Reaction score
37
Location
Salt Lake City Utard
Welcome,

Trying to convert the lever throttle to a twist? Do you mean the lever on the motor using some cable to a twist throttle you have?

When you get sec also, take a moment & tell us where you are by touching up your profile. You never know, there might be some of us near you.
 

Breal

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Indiana
Yes the Briggs has a 2 lever set up. One choke and one throttle. I bought a cable that is for the Baja warrior. I found a kit but I'm still not sure if it's what I need and how to make it work.

I live north of Indy. Between Kokomo and Lafayette Indiana
 

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Messages
1,785
Reaction score
37
Location
Salt Lake City Utard
Yes the Briggs has a 2 lever set up. One choke and one throttle. I bought a cable that is for the Baja warrior. I found a kit but I'm still not sure if it's what I need and how to make it work.

I live north of Indy. Between Kokomo and Lafayette Indiana

Lots of briggs out there, can you shoot a pic (or pics of what you have) and I'm sure the help you need will come out.
 

Breal

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Indiana

Will this work to post a pic?

---------- Post added at 08:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 PM ----------


Looks like it worked
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
93
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
It works but guys using the Smart phones cry like a baby cause it takes forever to upload. So it is better to use thumbnails.
 

KartFab

Active member
Messages
3,381
Reaction score
59
Location
Dallas, TX
There is usually a remote throttle hookup under the gas tank for Briggs 5 hp flatheads. The twist grip slides over the right hand handle bar (7/8") and there is a small hole in the bar for you to screw it into to lock it down. If you got an aftermarket twist grip, They just compress onto the handlebar when you tighten the screw/bolt.

When attaching the cable to the grip, the end of the cable will have a ball or small cylinder at the end. That fits into a notch or hole on the twist grip.
 

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Messages
12,461
Reaction score
70
Location
White Settlement Texas
It works but guys using the Smart phones cry like a baby cause it takes forever to upload. So it is better to use thumbnails.

His pics are OK. Although they're not thumbnails, they're small enough that they keep my print normal size and load immediately.

But thumbnails would be better.

Breal: In the FAQ section there is a thread on how to post pics. If that doesn't click for any reason...ie...you don't get it or it doesn't work...let us know.

WELCOME to the forum....we got fun and games......
 

Breal

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Indiana
There is usually a remote throttle hookup under the gas tank for Briggs 5 hp flatheads. The twist grip slides over the right hand handle bar (7/8") and there is a small hole in the bar for you to screw it into to lock it down. If you got an aftermarket twist grip, They just compress onto the handlebar when you tighten the screw/bolt.

When attaching the cable to the grip, the end of the cable will have a ball or small cylinder at the end. That fits into a notch or hole on the twist grip.

Ok I get that much. The part of this I am struggling with is how do I hook the cable to that linkage under the tank? If I figure that part out than I'd be scooting around on a mini bike
 

Daniel Sheffield

New member
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Location
San Antonio, tx
Have same engine on a kart. Under the tank right side( if looking from behind) is where their cable will attach. The line then feeds into the gray or silver tab that has a hole and set screw. You can test this by starting engine and moving this piece towards the right, should throttle up. After hooking cable add a spring to help relieve tension. Your good to go if it works. Like this http://i96.photobucket.com/albums/l193/purplewindworm/Briggs/100_0725.jpg
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top