New Toy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vielecustoms

New member
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Adirondacks, NY
Hello! Just stumbled across this forum and have enjoyed the wealth of information that I have read so far. I recently picked up a frame and have begun to restore as a project for me and my daughter. The frame is a Manco, I am unsure of the model but quicksilver keeps popping up and model 297 has found me an assembly manual that I'm sure is the one I have.

So far the plan is to clean it up, paint it and get it going.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 

colestreasures

New member
Messages
465
Reaction score
1
Location
Kentucky
Nice i have one like it now and have had a couple more,
Post a side shot i want to see if it still has the original wheels on it.:thumbsup:
Cole
 

Vielecustoms

New member
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Adirondacks, NY
I don't have a side shot, but it does have the original wheels. Unfortunately the inside half of the drive wheel is damaged, the threaded part where the spacer/sprocket/brake bolts have been broken. So that will require some re engineering. As for the steering, I think it's more the camera, however I do plan on giving her a proper alignment once the PB blaster had had a chance to work its magic. Here's a pic of the rims

And the damaged one

They are in need of sandblasting!
 

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Messages
1,785
Reaction score
37
Location
Salt Lake City Utard
Welcome! Those things are always fun to play around with. Even though the pic shows a suspect steering, I doubt it. They always steered nicely.

Here's mine... heavily cut & modified (I tend to do mod-jobs on my rides, and yes I'm s show off)

If you decide to go with different wheels, let me know. I buy people's old manco wheels. If you are going to keep it and perhaps that 6 hole spacer is messed up, I have one if you need it. Just let me know.

Welcome aboard, roll on.
 

Attachments

  • DSC05148.jpg
    DSC05148.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 4
  • DSC05161.jpg
    DSC05161.jpg
    302.4 KB · Views: 5
  • DSC05207.jpg
    DSC05207.jpg
    501.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC05323.jpg
    DSC05323.jpg
    242.5 KB · Views: 6
  • DSC05248.jpg
    DSC05248.jpg
    245.2 KB · Views: 6

Kelly Wood

The Mad Kartist
Messages
1,785
Reaction score
37
Location
Salt Lake City Utard
All mine are converted to live axles.

Love the user name. You into customs?

Here's one of the other ones. It's called "the Sarge"... pretty much the favorite of them all. Top speed, around 50.
 

Attachments

  • DSC04447.JPG
    DSC04447.JPG
    256.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC04450.JPG
    DSC04450.JPG
    183.7 KB · Views: 9

Vielecustoms

New member
Messages
6
Reaction score
0
Location
Adirondacks, NY
I love customs! I worked as a metal fabricator apprentice for a few years and learned quite a bit. The coolest project we did there was to do a total strip and restore on a Peterbuilt it also got the frame extended and a hood that we made from scratch that was longer and narrow in the front. And other odds and ends like the part the taillights are on and the bumper.






 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top