New to the forum, from michigan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stroker331

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
New guy to the forum my name is Ryan,from michigan and slowly getting out of the drag/hotrod scene and getting back into the Karting world, I have just recently got my tomberlin crossfire 150 back up and going, I have owned it since 2005 when I purchased It from Sams club, had to replace a couple fuel components and clean out the carb from it sitting so long without use stored away in our shed up north for quite a few years and now It runs like a top again. I forgot how much fun these little tomberlin go karts were, what are some easy (and cheap) mods to make this kart a Lil faster?? Thanks in advance for any advice or tips.

Also recently built a drift trike, the frame is hand bent out of 3/4" ridgid conduit with a predator 212cc 6.5hp harbor freight motor, all the rest of the parts I ordered thru BMI karts. This thing is a blast to ride and always gets alot of attention when I'm riding it thru the neighborhood.
20170905_114419.jpg

20170905_194602.jpg

20170905_194726.jpg

20170906_191154.jpg

20170907_140727.jpg
 

mckutzy

Well-known member
Messages
8,353
Reaction score
110
Location
bc, canada
Hello and welcome...

How has the frame material held up on the drifter? EMT isn't typically a good choice due to thickness.... But none the less a good looking job...
Been wanting to do one myself, but no cheap fat tire available locally.
 

anickode

Active member
Messages
2,296
Reaction score
75
Location
S.E. Michigan
Hello and welcome...

How has the frame material held up on the drifter? EMT isn't typically a good choice due to thickness.... But none the less a good looking job...
Been wanting to do one myself, but no cheap fat tire available locally.

Rigid conduit is basically SCH40 galvanized pipe.

You can in fact, bend SCH40 black pipe with a conduit bender (3/4" bender for 1/2" pipe, etc) since it's dimensionally the same as rigid conduit, with no nasty galvanizing to worry about. Only downside is the really wide radius. And you have to be a good sized fella to bend 3/4". 1" you might as well forget about.

And welcome to the forum! Roughly what part of MI are you from?
 

bob58o

SuckSqueezeBangBlow
Messages
9,646
Reaction score
1,859
Location
Chicago-town USA
Did BMI do you dirty on shipping prices? I think the website has improved where it will bunch items for shipping prices. They used to be ridiculous where you had to call to get a decent shipping price. The selection of parts is quite extensive tho.
 

shadowfocus603

New member
Messages
63
Reaction score
0
Location
Northern NH
If you want better acceleration out of the 150 look into some 10 gram slider weight for the front pulley in the cvt. My favorite place to get parts for the 150's is scrappydogscooters.com. His prices are awesome and he has stuff you won't find anywhere else. Slider weights, racing variators (front pulley) racing sheave and spring (rear pulley) racing clutch and clutch springs. I love his stuff.
 

Stroker331

New member
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Hello and welcome...

How has the frame material held up on the drifter? EMT isn't typically a good choice due to thickness.... But none the less a good looking job...
Been wanting to do one myself, but no cheap fat tire available locally.


Thanks, The ridgid conduit is very sturdy and holds up really well, I'm 205lbs and I have had people up to 260lbs ride on it with no issues. I have a spare fat tire if your interested let me kno

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:24 PM ----------

Rigid conduit is basically SCH40 galvanized pipe.

You can in fact, bend SCH40 black pipe with a conduit bender (3/4" bender for 1/2" pipe, etc) since it's dimensionally the same as rigid conduit, with no nasty galvanizing to worry about. Only downside is the really wide radius. And you have to be a good sized fella to bend 3/4". 1" you might as well forget about.

And welcome to the forum! Roughly what part of MI are you from?

Thanks, I am located in the downriver area.

---------- Post added at 02:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:25 PM ----------

Did BMI do you dirty on shipping prices? I think the website has improved where it will bunch items for shipping prices. They used to be ridiculous where you had to call to get a decent shipping price. The selection of parts is quite extensive tho.

I like using the BMI site, shipping wasn't bad but I usually bought 1 part at time until I was ready to build it lol

---------- Post added at 02:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

If you want better acceleration out of the 150 look into some 10 gram slider weight for the front pulley in the cvt. My favorite place to get parts for the 150's is scrappydogscooters.com. His prices are awesome and he has stuff you won't find anywhere else. Slider weights, racing variators (front pulley) racing sheave and spring (rear pulley) racing clutch and clutch springs. I love his stuff.


Thanks for the info! I'm gonna check out his stuff, I was using buggy depot for some small stuff I needed to get the 150 back up and running.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top