New to me

Status
Not open for further replies.

wabear

New member
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
NW Indiana
Picked it up via craigslist within 15 miles of home yesterday.

Can of carb cleaner, and hooking up a kill switch is really all it needed. It's a runner. Goes, turns and stops.

Back tires are HUGE, might switch them out to help acceleration / limit top end to make it more fun on a tight course. I have 2 beginning riders ( 8 and 11) so top end isn't a huge priority.

Thanks for looking. I'm in NW Indiana, live in Valpo if anyone wants to get together and ride.

Thanks for looking.
 

Attachments

  • 20160723_100821.jpg
    20160723_100821.jpg
    463.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 20160723_120505.jpg
    20160723_120505.jpg
    249.6 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160723_120519.jpg
    20160723_120519.jpg
    181.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20160723_120528.jpg
    20160723_120528.jpg
    267 KB · Views: 13
  • 20160723_120612.jpg
    20160723_120612.jpg
    197.4 KB · Views: 16

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,204
Reaction score
4,183
Rate your mechanical skills and know-how on a scale of 1 to 5; 1 being abysmal and 5 being like ASE certified/hardcore hobbyist/grease monkey. :D

Good find. How much did you pay?
 

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Messages
9,358
Reaction score
94
Location
COMFORT, TEXAS
ASE certified and hardcore hobbyist grease monkey are far apart.
I think you need a larger scale.
 

wabear

New member
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
NW Indiana
Paid $325

Skills - 3, I wouldn't rebuild an engine w/ predators being so cheap, but I can weld, change tires, do electrical, etc. - I've got another Manco - 485 LXT that's had a predator swap, governor removal, new tires, new seat, repaired frame, new brakes, throttle linkages - everything has been touched.

Red thing is a parking / starting brake. So you can go start it up without worrying about a runaway cart. Throttle setup / springs on this one are worn out and it doesn't always stay at an idle. Nice being able to easily set the brake to start it or let it warm up.
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,204
Reaction score
4,183
That's fabulous. Your own personal rating and that short intro of course. Do share pics of that other kart--it sounds like a rolling technological terror.

I would rebuild engines for the sake of rebuilding engines but also own a cheap-skate Predator too, despite it being made in China (or because of it).

That's not the first go kart e-brake I've seen but it's a good safety feature.

Paid $325

Skills - 3, I wouldn't rebuild an engine w/ predators being so cheap, but I can weld, change tires, do electrical, etc. - I've got another Manco - 485 LXT that's had a predator swap, governor removal, new tires, new seat, repaired frame, new brakes, throttle linkages - everything has been touched.

Red thing is a parking / starting brake. So you can go start it up without worrying about a runaway cart. Throttle setup / springs on this one are worn out and it doesn't always stay at an idle. Nice being able to easily set the brake to start it or let it warm up.
 

wabear

New member
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
NW Indiana
Quick question, I know its a 4x chain but how do I tell if it's 40, 41 or 420?

I'll see if I can link my thread where I purchased the other one. Then I'll have to make a new thread as well with the "after"

Denny, I know Knox a little. Should we ride ?

---------- Post added at 11:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 AM ----------

http://www.diygokarts.com/vb/showthread.php?t=30631 - other kart -before
 

Hellion

Murderator
Messages
9,204
Reaction score
4,183
Let's try a bigger more legible graphic that includes #35 chain; one of the ones karts utilize...

And some fractions. Not everyone has a fancy schmancy caliper. :p
 

Attachments

  • ChainPicture.jpg
    ChainPicture.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 8

Denny

Canned Monster
Messages
11,994
Reaction score
8,506
Location
Mayberry, Indiana
Denny, I know Knox a little. Should we ride ?

I would, but right now I just don't have the time. I've been wanting to rebuild the kid's kart all summer, I have all the parts except paint and still it sits. Maybe by spring I'll have time. :mad:


Denny
 

wabear

New member
Messages
26
Reaction score
0
Location
NW Indiana
Denny, I know Knox a little. Should we ride ?

I would, but right now I just don't have the time. I've been wanting to rebuild the kid's kart all summer, I have all the parts except paint and still it sits. Maybe by spring I'll have time. :mad:


Denny


Well, we'll have to hook up in spring.

---------- Post added at 07:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 AM ----------

A little video - brake is sticking, so add that to the to do list
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1tsy1Pahy8

---------- Post added at 08:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Im in the south Chicago Burbs.
What's the red thing? Hand/parking brake? Reverse?

do you have enough space to ride? Or do you travel somewhere? Always looking for someone to do time trials or side by side with.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top