New to me Yerf Dog Go Kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Creepin

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
I recently just picked up this Kart on the cheap. It runs fairly decent (most of the time, it occasionally knocks off and I have to wiggle some wires to get it to fire back up ). It has some electrical issues that I am trying to work through and I need a wiring diagram. Can anyone tell me what model this is so I can look up the wiring diagram? To be a small engine, it looks like it has way to many wires on it. I think the previous owner done some butchering on it.
Also if I get it running correctly is putting a reverse on this an economical option?

Lastly, the turning radius on this thing is terrible. It is the only thing i have ever drove that turns sharper to the right than it does to the left. Is there anything I can do to improve this. No reverse and large turning radius equal a whole lot of getting off and pushing.

thanks for the help.
 

Attachments

  • Kart 2.jpg
    Kart 2.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 29
  • Kart 1.jpg
    Kart 1.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 21

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
It has a gy6 style engine, either a 125cc or most likely a 150cc..... You can add a reverse, but it will cost you around $400 when all said and done.....
Post up pics of the front end, from a birds eye view. All the way to the right, centered, and all the way to the left....
We might be able to fix that up for little to no money.....
 

Creepin

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Pics of the front end.

i have found out that I am not getting fire to the spark plug at times is the reason it does not fire right up some times. I am thinking it is probably a loose wire somewhere. The mor ei look at the mess of wires, the more i want to yank everything out and start over. I am just not sure if that is a good idea or not since I cannot find a new wiring harness in stock anywhere.
 

Attachments

  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 28
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 26
  • photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 26

Creepin

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Also, this kart has lights on it but no switch that I can find. Did it originally have one? Not a big deal since it should be easy enough to put on on it, just curious.
 

KartFab

Active member
Messages
3,381
Reaction score
60
Location
Dallas, TX
there are some mini buggy forums that have members with these things. They may be more help ful, buggy masters, mini buggy.net etc
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
Your front end is out of whack..... Your front right wheel is point out, when it should be pointing forward like the other one. You might be able to adjust it. It don't look real bad, but enough to give you problems.... I would suggest a little toe out in the front,to aid in turning......
 

Creepin

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
As an update, I got it to running correctly by getting a new wiring harness for it (Only by jumping the solenoid). Now i am trying to get the kill switch and and the push button starter to work. I found this wiring diagram below and have a few questions:
I realize that at the red rectangle I drew on the diagram means that the wires do not connect, but what about at the oval? Do they connect there or not? I have usually seen wires connected drawn as a bold dot(like at the ground wire on this diagram).

Lastly, where I have drawn a pentagon, the brown wire goes between the break switch and the push button on the diagram. The wire on mine appears to go back toward the engine(not towards the push button). Any ideas on why this is?

thanks for the help.
 

Creepin

New member
Messages
5
Reaction score
0
Hopefully the diagram shows up this time.
 

Attachments

  • Wiring Diagram3.jpg
    Wiring Diagram3.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 18

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
what about at the oval? Do they connect there or not?

Well, since the two wires go to either side of the starter switch, I'd say they don't connect; probably just a misprint in the diagram...

Lastly, where I have drawn a pentagon, the brown wire goes between the break switch and the push button on the diagram. The wire on mine appears to go back toward the engine(not towards the push button). Any ideas on why this is?

Not sure I understand 100% but, the brake has a safety switch which prevents the starter from engaging, most commonly used on bikes & ATVs, not so much on karts AFAIK; therefore, it may be bypassed in your loom
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top