Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'll probably get rid of the WYSIWYG keyboard and see if that helps

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
For now, if you click the "gear" icon to the right on the toolbar, it will disable the JS and the BB code. I'm trying to figure out how to do that across the board.

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
Not able to get in using Tapatalk. I was able to get in using the web browser on my Android, but unable to post photos due to file size limitations.(photos upload but error out at 100% due to size restriction rather than re-sizing)

I guess Tapatalk used to take care of the re-re-sizing for me (?) To me, that is worth a buck a month for the time saving convenience.

I can try to delete my access in the Tapatalk app, and re-authenticate through Tapatalk to see if that works to let me back in.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not sure Tapatalk was enabled "out of the box". I'll check on that, and check on the photo issue. Can you let me know any more details of the photos, and where you tried to post them? It's bound to be a config I missed

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
I'm not sure Tapatalk was enabled "out of the box". I'll check on that, and check on the photo issue. Can you let me know any more details of the photos, and where you tried to post them? It's bound to be a config I missed

Hi, Thanks @robert
I was attempting photo uploads to my BO thread (Dirt Bobber Trike).

I will try to post a screen grab of the config error I see in Tapatalk when trying to access the forum below....

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200828-113512.jpg
    Screenshot_20200828-113512.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 4

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From what I'm reading, tapatalk doesn't play nice with this software. I'll keep looking but can you try again w/ the normal site on mobile? It's far better than it used to be on mobile.

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
Hi, Thanks @robert
I was attempting photo uploads to my BO thread (Dirt Bobber Trike)...

Cool. I edited this post.
Also, I think my phone image uploads are working now...

Can you share file size limits so I can set my camera resolution accordingly ?

I assume the new standard practice would be to upload a photo image and show a thumbnail in the thread to save bandwidth and improve load times ?

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I changed the upload to something huge, I think 20MB. I don't want them that big, I'll need to look and make sure they get "downsized" by the software or else this will blow up in size (ie $$!)

Also, I can adjust the thumbnail size, do you have any thoughts?

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
Noticed by accident that scrolling through a thread using my fat thumb, I occasionally get into the Reply dialogue.

There is no "exit", or "quit without saving" option, so the reply window stays open until I hit the Post Reply button.

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
I changed the upload to something huge, I think 20MB. I don't want them that big, I'll need to look and make sure they get "downsized" by the software or else this will blow up in size (ie $$!)

Also, I can adjust the thumbnail size, do you have any thoughts?

Likes new file size. Here is a post with full size photos and a thumbnail sized photo if you can examine the html to see if they are downsizing... This link is from near the bottom of page 4 of my BO thread.

https://www.diygokarts.com/community/threads/2020-gegcorp-dirt-bobber-trike.43227/post-557025

When browsing with Android/Brave, after I click on the thumbnail to zoom, I try to zoom out it and it boots me back to page 1 post 1 of the thread.

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
Question about navigating to most current post in a thread. I see a new button at the top like "...v" for More Options.

I did not see a way to get to the most recent post in the thread from the top of a thread page using Android/Brave.

Could you add a ">>" or "Most recent" option to the "...v" pull down?

Once I scroll all the way down on page one, I see an option button like ">>" that takes me to the last post.

Once of the challenges I am seeing using the phone is that it is more difficult to find a safe "scrolling lane" through a thread without accidentally clicking on something along the way If I scroll like I am used to doing in Tapatalk, the navigation and user buttons using the browser appear near the center and the Report and Reply buttons are near the edges.

Last edited:

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
using my laptop, if I click on a thread then at the top there is a link for "jump to new" I think that's available on phones?

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
using my laptop, if I click on a thread then at the top there is a link for "jump to new" I think that's available on phones?

hmmm. using Android/Brave on this thread, I do not see the Jump to new option at the top of either page. I am not allowed to make a screen snapshot of any posts on this thread, so I cannot show you what I see.

I jumped around on a few recent posts in two other Forum categories and when I click on Jump to new, it takes me to the first post on the page, not the last or newest.

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Well it would be the "newest" for you, not the latest. Not sure why this one wouldn't let you see it but others would?!

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
Well it would be the "newest" for you, not the latest. Not sure why this one wouldn't let you see it but others would?!

Just logged out and back in... now I see the Jump to newest button on this thread.

Seems to keep newest as the one that was newest when the page was loaded. Probably working as expected.

I will keep practicing my web navigation skillz... Thanks !

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Yeah I see the jump to new option. Also, hitting the backspace button on phones, exits out of the keyboard again. Must be something that ends up defaulting to in the settings?

gegcorp2012

Reaction score
Yeah I see the jump to new option. Also, hitting the backspace button on phones, exits out of the keyboard again. Must be something that ends up defaulting to in the settings?
Actually, there seems to be an issue with

Minibikes trikes etc.... that one takes you to post number one.

Also I tried another random thread post and the Jump took me to post #88 but that was not the newest post.

I checked a few of the 2020 Build off threads and noticed the Jump is unpredictable there.

A jump on J405's page took me to post #41, and a jump on FunctionalArtist page took me to post #167.

Screen shot below shows the expected post numbers circled.

Also when I loaded my BO thread, I do not see a Jump button, just watch or unwatch.

Anyone else seeing issues when attempting to Jump to newest from the top of a thread page ?

Attachments

• 20200828_160144.jpg
    20200828_160144.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:

RobertD

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
it very well could just be the import process screwed up the counters and therefore it might take a few new posts to settle out. I don't know.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
You think you can swap the home and title image link?

when I click on the title I get to forum-home
when I click on home I get to diygokarts.com main page
the other way around would be more natural to me I think

'sid