New OLD guy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Butchman

New member
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Location
Marylan
Hello everyone. I have registered to get some help in building a nice go cart with my students. I have a new Honda GX610 engine and I want to build our own kart frame to put it on, so my students can practice welding and brazing metal as well as reading a ruler. so I have joined this site to get some help selecting a drive line.
 

machinist@large

Active member
Messages
2,865
Reaction score
33
Location
West Michigan, 49331
:welcome2: If you could be a little more detailed, that would help; what style/ type of kart are you thinking of? There's a great deal of difference between a track based race kart and an off road machine with a whole lot in between...

:cheers2: :thumbsup: :popcorn: Pat
 

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
:iagree: Likewise, there's a great deal of difference between in drivelines, depending on what you want it to do & how much you want to spend, from a $30 centrifugal clutch suited for a yard/street kart all the way up to a $150 torque converter which is best for offroad...

Welcome to the forum
 

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
:welcome2: The simplest you can go with is a Cent Cutch and a dead axle set up. Use a 6:1 -7:1 gear ratio and use 10-11" tall tires.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top