new line of harbor freight engines, the predator series?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluethunder3320

New member
Messages
5,677
Reaction score
39
cross between a modern briggs and a clone??





equals this????
 

DCProductions

Cockney Ragamuffin
Messages
496
Reaction score
0
Location
Louisiana, USA
I wonder if there are still mods that will bolt in. Higher displacement promises a little if modified but it doesn't seem to be helping the hp ratings. Looks like it kept the clone carb.
 

r97

Measure twice cut once
Messages
3,793
Reaction score
8
Location
Massachusetts, USA
i would say maybe a kholer clone? or just a normal clone with more torque? (its 8.8ft/lbs @ 2500 rpm)
 

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Messages
2,538
Reaction score
48
Location
Houston, Texas
It still 100% looks like a Honda clone. The prices are identical to what they were having before on the clones. I'll be seeing in in a few weeks when customers bring them in, I'll bring tell ya'll what turns out.
 

newrider3

New member
Messages
1,674
Reaction score
5
Location
Colorado
With different displacement specs, this probably kills the interchangeability of parts between clones and Hondas.
 

slideways

New member
Messages
575
Reaction score
6
These are clones of the Newer Hondas which are designed to meet Tier III emissions. Those that have seen them actually notice the quality of castings and parts are far better than the older clones even were.

Have you seen a Kohler OHV engine lately? Its a clone.. nothing original there except the air filter. Briggs has also created their own chinese clone in a smaller package that they are starting to use on pumps and such.
 

Cstyle00

New member
Messages
60
Reaction score
1
Personally I like the blue Greyhounds, they start first pull right out of the box everytime.
 

Bluethunder3320

New member
Messages
5,677
Reaction score
39
mine starts first pull everytime too (blue clone 6.5hp) especially in the freezing cold it is here now. doesnt even need to be a strong pull either!

you guys think they will eventually get rid of the blue ones and only stock the new series?
 

redsox985

Active member
Messages
4,092
Reaction score
12
Location
PA
These do have cast iron sleeves to boast over the current clones. While on topic, BMI has a whole new spread of clone parts available now.
 

Bluethunder3320

New member
Messages
5,677
Reaction score
39
I still like the old clones better though, look simpler and tougher.

And redsox ill check out BMI.

One design i saw different to alot of engines (must be just ohv or something) is that the governor runs off a seperate gear in the back than the camshaft in te front.
 

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Messages
2,538
Reaction score
48
Location
Houston, Texas
It looks like the same **** thing to me in a different color. Just more work because they keep changing the air cleaner cover.
 

man-on-a-MINIbike

New member
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
Location
San Diego,CA
To all you haters,
I will stand on firm ground by the predator engines. I have put my 212 thru hell and back and gotta say these things got balls. I actually towed other people on the broke *** B&S mini bikes that broke in middle of nowhere out to safety up hills and such....I got 212cc on my Badass mini bike with comet 30 series....im 220lbs and I hit 55mph and climb any hill that came my way......Highly recommend this engine to anyone looking for a cheap but strong built alternative!
 

r_chez_08

Should be in the shop...
Messages
4,827
Reaction score
12
Location
Cornwall, UK
I have heard good things. They are meant to be better casting than many clones and the extra 1mm stroke and 2mm bore (16cc) makes it noticeably more torquey than a 196cc clone.
 

conradf

New member
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
I just (an hour ago) installed a new predator 212 on my kids' Dingo...no problem, started first pull. Needed to drill 2 small holes to locate return spring from throttle. everything else bolted right up...Dont know about reliability or speed as of yet, just started to rain.
 

blackleg miner

Blackleg Miner
Messages
57
Reaction score
0
Just got the 420 predator a couple weeks ago. Fired up nicely, need to get it on the arachnid and I'll let you guys know how it works.
 

CaptCanadia

New member
Messages
792
Reaction score
1
Location
Acton, CA USA
I just got a 212cc pred today for 95 bucks. The thing started on the first pull and always does even without choking it. Idles and revs perfect. Cant ask for more.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top