New here

steven225

Reaction score
I've built go karts before when I was a kid with my dad. Havnt done so in 30 plus years now I have kiddos of my own and they are interested in building, so much has changed where do I start hahaha. I am currently gathering the tools needed such as welder tube bender tube notcher measuring tools. Now time to start gathering parts I have access to tube and bar (thanks work) i do pay for it but its very cheap, i am limited to size. I am a maintenance tech for a big company.

steven225

Reaction score
Unfortunatly I'm a perfectionist and it's leading me down rabbit holes such as what kind of tubing I need I don't want to use cromeolly tubing because too expensive. I had read dom tubing is not the way to go so im just going to use 1 1/4 with 065 wall mild structural (welded) steel. Now for axle sixe I want to use a clamp style keyed hub because I want to be able to switch out wheels. I have a few options on size just looking for flexibility. I can mill keyways and use the lathe to make it the correct size if I need be. I have alot of people asking me to build them frames already anything from drift trikes to barstool and cooler karts. And I havnt built one yet hahaha. I do appreciate your help any information from experience is good information.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
:welcome2:
It sounds like you may just fit in here. The only thing left for you to do is send in your first years membership dues of $500 dollars in pennies to Denny The Grumpy Old Man in Indiana. Must be pennies as that is the only currency I accept. And stay off my lawn!