New here- Should I get TC for 5hp Dominator

Status
Not open for further replies.

firemanjim

Just kartin' around....
Messages
5,247
Reaction score
88
Location
Houston Texas
OOoo, MAYBE its a live axle set up with a dead wheel (rides on axle on its own set of bearings)......we will see....
 

Parker21

New member
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
Sorry for the delay. Busy weekend.

So you guys are now recommending a new clutch vs a TC? We will be doing a lot of stop and go because it's small kids. I didn't want to burn through clutches.

What clutch brand do you guys recommend?

Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • Rear 1.jpg
    Rear 1.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 17
  • Rear 2.jpg
    Rear 2.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 17
  • Side 1.jpg
    Side 1.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 14

OzFab

Well-known member
Messages
15,615
Reaction score
73
Location
Warwick Qld, Australia
Your pics could've been a bit bigger...

Ok, you could get a TC, there's plenty of room for it but, with the jackshaft in there as well, I'm not sure I'd bother, if I'm honest...

Wait for other to chime in with their thoughts...
 

Parker21

New member
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
If you select the pic the size increases some. Just trying to show the setup.

Any clutch recommendations?
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
602
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
so is it not the case that it's simply a bolt on procedure? I was expecting to just remove the clutch and install the Comet TAV2 system.

Landuse, what's the lemon juice trick for the carb?

Thanks

You boil the carb in lemon juice to clean it. It takes off all the fuel varnish that has stuck to the carb. You must still make sure the holes get poked out though.

What are the sprocket sizes that you have there. Post all the sprocket tooth counts. I want to see what gearing you have. You might just be better off getting another centrifugal clutch
 

Parker21

New member
Messages
13
Reaction score
0
I think I will just try a new clutch for now. I would like to make a decision quickly so I can get it back on the road for my kids. Do you guys have a brand preference for clutches? Thanks guys.
 

landuse

Moderator
Staff member
Messages
18,798
Reaction score
602
Location
Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
I think I will just try a new clutch for now. I would like to make a decision quickly so I can get it back on the road for my kids. Do you guys have a brand preference for clutches? Thanks guys.

Not really. Max torque is quite good. Hilliard are also good. They all pretty much work the same
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top