New guy with go kart build in progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

outcrydrummer

KART ART
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Location
Greensboro, NC
Just took a few video's riding around in the kart. I'll upload them soon. No wide open pulls at top speed just 1 with my daughter on the kart with me and then 1 solo through some woods.
 

outcrydrummer

KART ART
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Location
Greensboro, NC


New steering wheel installed and paint touched up.
 

outcrydrummer

KART ART
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Location
Greensboro, NC
Took some of the roll cage apart today and figured I would use it for a brush guard. I'll have to get some steel mesh to finish it up but good progress.


 

outcrydrummer

KART ART
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Location
Greensboro, NC
Does anyone know what kind of tav that is on there by chance. I'm not at all familiar with them and don't know what it is....what kind of power it will hold... etc etc etc
 

outcrydrummer

KART ART
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Location
Greensboro, NC
Well I scrounged up some old school hummer seat pads today at work we weren't using and bolted them on to the go kart to get rid of the old black ones.
There green right now but I'm painting them black tonight.
Talk about tough seats these things you can barely cut with a knife and are all weather to boot.
 

outcrydrummer

KART ART
Messages
364
Reaction score
0
Location
Greensboro, NC
Here are the days progress pics. Still no luck in getting any metal mesh for the guards but I'm working on it.

old pad


new pad


and how it sits now



Still have to hit it with a few more coats of paint so I decided to hold off until day light tomorrow and make sure its evenly colored. That fabric sure soaks in the paint.

Had a buddy of mine follow me today on his 4 wheeler and he reported that his speedo showed a top speed of 35mph.
 

bighead

New member
Messages
4,022
Reaction score
54
Location
Pacific Northwest USA
Put some side panels on the side of your kart now. It will keep mud and water off you from the front tires.
 

Attachments

  • CIMG5166.jpg
    CIMG5166.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 12
  • CIMG5189.jpg
    CIMG5189.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 15
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top