AKmac11
New member
So I basically scored this kart for next to nothing. It came with two old Yamaha 4 stroke 250cc engines from late 70's early 80's model bikes (XS400 & XS250F). I bought the kart in not running condition, and don't plan on reviving these engines. In all honesty, I know nothing about them. May post them in the FS section soon. I plan on running your standard predator 212cc.
Anyway, I need a little help on the steering assembly. It's a unique approach to say the least. Why in the world did they offset the wheel like this? Should i cut and reweld this symmetrically? And there is one tie rod as opposed to two. Please know, I am a noob with karts. I do work on my own vehicles so I know my way around a garage and tool box. But this seems odd. Also notice the steering angle when turning the wheel right is far greater then when turning left. Is this cured by a simple adjustment of the tie rods? Pics below.Thanks!!
Anyway, I need a little help on the steering assembly. It's a unique approach to say the least. Why in the world did they offset the wheel like this? Should i cut and reweld this symmetrically? And there is one tie rod as opposed to two. Please know, I am a noob with karts. I do work on my own vehicles so I know my way around a garage and tool box. But this seems odd. Also notice the steering angle when turning the wheel right is far greater then when turning left. Is this cured by a simple adjustment of the tie rods? Pics below.Thanks!!