New guy from cold buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zotarajohn

Reaction score
Greetings earthling, john here from buffalo NY. Thanks for having me here. Been doing the mini bike thing but when I was at a recent car show my 2 year old son spotted a cool old school gocart that he was allowed to climb in and out of and since then, he demanded one of his own! ( that's at least that's my story and I'm sticking to it! ). Anyway, while cruising c/l on morning after work, I spotted a really cool old amusement park go cart. Complete with can-am style fibreglass body. Hope my photos will load, because you really need to check this out! Not sure what park this is from, but what I can figure out so far is maybe up in jersey.there is/was a park that was damaged heavily during hurricane sandy and the photos I find show the body like mine. I tried and can't do photos yet. I'll try when I get home from work this evening.

Zotarajohn

Reaction score
Not Malibu grand prix

Found out its from local cart track that is actually still in business! About a half hour away and I never knew it existed! The owner actually posted a bunch of body's and frames on c/l. Now the big deal, that cart is on the back burner and I am quickly starting my new infatuation! Saw somebody building a wheelbarrow cart and I fell in love! Picked up an old wheelbarrow, old steel deep tub, proceeded to purchase a Kawasaki 250 quad w/ 5 speed and reverse, water cooled. The only thing that would make it perfect would be electric start, can't have everything! He also threw in a home made go cart frame that is perfect for modifying! It will be front engine with a jack shaft and chain down the side of the body. I will use the front disc brakes, and will have to modify rear disc and sprocket to fit my 1" axle,that's now on the cart. The front will be a straight axle like a real t bucket with a parallel leaf, and same spring set up for the rear! This is more for show than go for cruise nights and car shows. Might even build a red Barron style hard top or soft convertible type like the real thing when all is said and done! I'll definetly keep ya all posted as I progress. Going to try to get photos uploads again tonight!!!

docrotary

Reaction score
best of luck with both projects , im in western ny as well. mxk kart track is on bowen rd elma , they can help maybe .

Zotarajohn

Reaction score
Elma, were neighbors!! I live right off French road near transit and Clinton! Were always at Bowen rd park! Matter of fact we will be there this Sunday having my 2 year old sons birthday party! Never knew there was a kart track near by! Let's stay in touch! What kind of kart do you have?

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Hey why dont you both fill out a simple location and see who else in the neighborhood!

Status
Not open for further replies.