New find welder and kart

Status
Not open for further replies.

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
I think I found good deal. Got a challenger wire welder and go kart for 75.00. The guy said it was a manco dingo :confused:. I'm learning as I go. Never heard of challenger welder. Picking them up in the morning. Already paid for it so doesn't really matter now. Kart starts and runs great. Has a 212 pred. On it. It has a hand control for the throttle on the steering wheel. Does anyone know why. It has a pedal. But has been disabled. Will try to have pics Saturday.

Poboy kartman

Senior Moments Member
Reaction score
The Manco Dingo is a good kart. I've never heard of a Challenger welder either....but the kart alone is a steal at $75.

People do wierd things to karts....(maybe he was left footed):lolgoku:

Shouldn't be hard to fix that ....post up pics when you get it..(thumbnails please) .

EDIT: Ahhhh!!!! Bolt on Predator....(don't loosen throttle bolt)....solution???? Stiff lawnmower cable and hand control. GENIUS!!!!!

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Only Challenger welder I'm coming up with is a Miller Electric Challenger 172. If it is a Miller, you got it for one heck of a steal.

Sent from Tapatalk while on the porcelain throne!

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
it's a small 110volt. I've already got Lincoln 225 port welder and a Lincoln 220 mig but he said I had to take all or nothing so you know didn't want him to think I screwing him so I did.:huh:

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Here is what I would do. If that welder works. Put it back on Craigs list for 75 bucks!
Free Go Kart!

Actually... I bet there is some young future fabricator. That could really use it.
Learning a trade or skill will help him for life.

Like teaching a man to Fish.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
Amen to that. Beats the crap out of spending $7500 to go to college to be a better welder. Majority of places will do on the job anyway.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I mentioned cause "KW85" builds these Karts and donates them to needy youth.

A very Noble cause. I was thinking Expanding it into tools and trades etc.

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
:smiley_omg: 75$ for a running dingo AND a welder!?!?!?!!!! :wai:
He's so lucky I'm going to die!:ack2::ack2::ack2::ack2::p

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Here is what I would do. If that welder works. Put it back on Craigs list for 75 bucks!
Free Go Kart!

Actually... I bet there is some young future fabricator. That could really use it.
Learning a trade or skill will help him for life.

Like teaching a man to Fish.

I AM THE YOUNG FUTURE FABRICATOR! I HAVE NO WELDER!!!! But I do know how to fish! :roflol: :cheers2:

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
i'll make you a deal mr. spindle come get it you can have it if you need it. buuut if you don't I will teach my grandson to weld he watches me all he time and ask a lot of ???????????!!!!!!
kinda like I do you guys.:cheers2:

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I still have a lot of my welding work sheets from college I could take pics of. They have info for like proper gas flow and voltage. Even have a few things in TiG too.

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
thanks would be nice . I don't know how to teach welding had to learn on my own by watching and listening. any knowledge about welding would be good to have.:thumbsup: besides that school is great. education is a plus. it sure is hard to beat hands on. I didn't finish high school(wished I did though) went USMC at 17 years old. came home and started in the oilfield. both were a great education.

Kartorbust

Reaction score
I may start a standalone thread on here with all of it. Just took about 30 pics from just my tig and mig book and I have about 5 more work books. If you want more info, Miller/Hobart has a book called something like Welder's Pocketbook...it has a bunch of references and the book was meant to fit in a work shirt pocket, hence the name. My gripe about that book was that a few pages were not copied right, so a lot of words and diagrams were cut off.

kenworth85

Grouchy old man
Reaction score
:thumbsup:Thank you it was an honor to be there. Kartorbust thanks looks like a lot of it would come in handy for g----son.:thumbsup:
Haven't had time to get kart yet. He's binging it to me.:wai: pics tomorrow:cheers2: been moving my shop to my home shop. Didn't know a person could accumulate so much s--t in 8 years. Two rollback trucks, 30 ft gooseneck, 3 car haulers all day still not finished.:mad2.

Mr. Spindle

Reaction score
Welder yay

i'll make you a deal mr. spindle come get it you can have it if you need it. buuut if you don't I will teach my grandson to weld he watches me all he time and ask a lot of ???????????!!!!!!
kinda like I do you guys.:cheers2:

:roflol: I reeeeeaaaaally need a welder and I loves great deals P.S this is not a scam I am truthful to God and the world! Thank you for your generous offer :cheers2::cheers2:

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 PM ----------

I think I like you guys

Last edited:

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Look in the right hand corner of his posts.
You are in Tennessee he is in Blanchard Oklahoma.
Road trip!
Or is your closer to Memphis only 8 hr Drive!

Attachments

• spindle d.JPG
    spindle d.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 4
Status
Not open for further replies.