new cart plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirtrider69

Reaction score
ok i got this sweet new cart from my girlfriend cause she got a four wheeler heres a couple pics cause i know someone will use that smily that says "this thread is useless without pics".....
[IMGhttp://i161.photobucket.com/albums/t215/punkrkr91/Hpim1165.jpg[/IMG]

i have some plans fo it too....
the first thing i want to do i weld the rolol cage on to the fram cause its just bolted now and then i have to fix where all the bars cross on the bar that goes around the motor on the left side
and i also want to know if anyone has had a one wheel drive and the converted it to a live axle set up.....

redcali

Reaction score
wow you're girlfriend actually drove this? pretty sure someone recently got this exact cart aswell.

dirtrider69

Reaction score
really do you remember who??? yea she drove this she drove the wheels literally off it.... she ripped the whole rear axle off going around a turn and hit a ditch....lol

d311_5uxor

Reaction score
it looks like a decent ride, whats the deal with the cast plumbing pipes for exhaust?

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Some engines have regular pipe threading on the exhaust so it's easy to adapt pipe parts to it and make an exhaust from them.

d311_5uxor

Reaction score
wouldnt screwing a steel pipe into the engine restrict the exhaust? the threaded part of the engine should be the same size as the non threaded resulting in a smaller pipe fitting into it

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Hey, I don't make them, that's how they are. I have a couple of mufflers that have the threads on them which would attach directly to that engine. I was gonna use them in a slightly different manner though.

dirtrider69

Reaction score
the exhaust runs perfect but i want to convert it to a live axle it has alot of potential it tops out right now at about 3500 rpms....and it spins the one drive wheel so i wanna put a live axle in it.........

Jerryburger

Admiral Annoy
Reaction score
That kart looks nice. If you have a welder, adapting it for a live axle is do-able, but they're kinda expensive. It looks like the wheels/rims can be adapted for it though, so that's a good start.

As far as the exhaust goes, the cast-iron pipes have served me well- some engines only have that option. Either way, it looks like you got a good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.