New carb tunning/acel issue

Ryanhodge2715

Reaction score
I got that knock of mikuni on Amazon for go cart an have let the engine warm an tuned mixture screw on the bottom quarter turn at a time an tested an every time I try to floor it it kills it or it hesitates an then takes off can’t seem to find a sweet spot, tryed adjusting needle slide up an down as well

Rat

Reaction score
I got that knock of mikuni on Amazon for go cart an have let the engine warm an tuned mixture screw on the bottom quarter turn at a time an tested an every time I try to floor it it kills it or it hesitates an then takes off can’t seem to find a sweet spot, tryed adjusting needle slide up an down as well
Finding the functional sweet spot requires having extra jets on hand. There is absolutely no carburetor on the planet that is bolt on and go, you will never get close by playing with its settings.
Information needed but not provided is what engine and what carb size.

If you say anything bigger than a 26mm or smaller than 22mm on a 212, THAT therein lies the problem because 200-250cc runs best on a 24mm. A 22 is a little too small, and a 26mm is too big, but both can be managed and dialed in with enough information and patience.

Reset all the carb defaults (A/F ran to soft seat then 2 full turns out| idle screw 4 turns from soft seat| needle clip set in middle) and shelf it until you have jets to tune it, the plug color will tell you if it's lean or puking.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
I got that knock of mikuni on Amazon.
Didn't get much,..... did ya?????????

Take the knock off out.

Take the mikuni out.

What you left with???

Being jerked of$ed by AMAZON with some useless a$$, cheap, junk carb that will NEVER work for that engine????

IDK??? You tell me.

I get carbs that come from REAL carb builders that actually work.
They ain't over priced, over rated useless, junk slide carbs.

I'll stick with the trusted bad mutha thumper .675" SA bored carb on my turd motors.

Jus look over my shoulder and watch those slide carb boys get farther away, 🤣 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆.

Anit nothing no better, then leaving some over priced, pos off the line.

Make sure you send a good 👍review back to Amazon for that sticky mess they left in your hand.

Rat

Reaction score
Didn't get much,..... did ya?????????

Take the knock off out.

Take the mikuni out.

What you left with???

Being jerked of$ed by AMAZON with some useless a$$, cheap, junk carb that will NEVER work for that engine????

IDK??? You tell me.

I get carbs that come from REAL carb builders that actually work.
They ain't over priced, over rated useless, junk slide carbs.

I'll stick with the trusted bad mutha thumper .675" SA bored carb on my turd motors.

Jus look over my shoulder and watch those slide carb boys get farther away, 🤣 😆 🤣 😂 😹 😆.

Anit nothing no better, then leaving some over priced, pos off the line.

Make sure you send a good 👍review back to Amazon for that sticky mess they left in your hand.
Meanwhile my PWK and I will happily leave you looking at taillights for all the sh!t you're talkin.
The problem isn't the carbs, it's the overly confident idiots that don't know what they are doing or how to properly tune them.

Rat

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I don't trust most "clones" but I don't care much for genuine Mikuni either. All the good bikes in the day used a Keihin of some form or another. Either way a quality carb is still a lump of garbage if ya don't know WTF you're doing

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Meanwhile my PWK and I will happily leave you looking at taillights for all the sh!t you're talkin.
The problem isn't the carbs, it's the overly confident idiots that don't know what they are doing or how to properly tune them.
You being funny 😁 😂 😀

I don't talk it.

I test it.

PWK's are a joke. Over rated pos.
I'll take a stock keihin any day over PWK.

To be honest.......I'll will never put ANY slide carb, round, flat, or whatever other bs they come out with next for these clone stlye heads.

I live in Madisonville.

You wanna meet in K-town???

Lessons ain't free.

Rat

Reaction score
You being funny 😁 😂 😀

I don't talk it.

I test it.

PWK's are a joke. Over rated pos.
I'll take a stock keihin any day over PWK.

To be honest.......I'll will never put ANY slide carb, round, flat, or whatever other bs they come out with next for these clone stlye heads.

I live in Madisonville.

You wanna meet in K-town???

Lessons ain't free.
Whether that's KY or TN it's too far to be worth the trip to force feed you humble pie

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
Whether that's KY or TN it's too far to be worth the trip to force feed you humble pie
😆 🤣 😂 😹

You said you was close to Bristol.

Knoxville shouldn't be that far away???

I havnt had humble pie in some time now.

Sounds like you you plenty for me.

Hell,.... I'm willing to try some.

BrownStainRacing

Reaction score
It's all fun.

I hope some body can help the guy out.

Those carbs were really good a few years ago, but the last 2 or 3 years they have went way down hill.

Some come with Keihin jets, some with mikuni jets. You jus don't know what you gonna get anymore.

If you get 3, 1 might be good.

Good luck, I'm out.