New Build/Frame Questions

TrashPanda

New member
Messages
11
Reaction score
6
Picked this frame up today, was wondering if anyone happened to recognize the style frame from any type of production kart or if it may just be homemade. Also wondering if anyone had tips on what parts to use to connect a throttle cable from the motor to the existing rod. I've been browsing for seats but all of the widths I've found so far would hit the brake rod, so I'm assuming I need to bend this rod, or find a new one to bend, so it runs parallel with the frame. Any suggestions would be awesome!


IMG_5142.jpegIMG_5150.jpegIMG_5149.jpegIMG_5151.jpegIMG_5143.jpeg
 

panchothedog

Well-known member
Messages
2,922
Reaction score
3,961
I have no idea what it is, but it looks too uniform to me to be home made. Very simple to place some short bushings under each corner of what ever seat you like to raise it up enough to not interfere with the brake rod. Other solutions as well, but that seems like the quickest and simplest.
 

TrashPanda

New member
Messages
11
Reaction score
6
I have no idea what it is, but it looks too uniform to me to be home made. Very simple to place some short bushings under each corner of what ever seat you like to raise it up enough to not interfere with the brake rod. Other solutions as well, but that seems like the quickest and simplest.
I found one seat that I think may work, I want to use adjustable tracks too so that would raise it some. I may be able to put the same bend in the brake rod as the throttle rod up near the pedal so it matches and takes a little slack out of the brake possibly. Now I need to find some new wheels/tires haha.. didn’t realize the front ones are some type of harbor freight specials & the rear are pretty dry rotted. May go with 6” all around, seems common where I could find replacement tires locally.
 

TrashPanda

New member
Messages
11
Reaction score
6
Well I found out while browsing on a FB group that this is a Thunder Kart series 700.. so now I was able to find a few good pics of how it looked originally or how I can set it up,
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5211.jpeg
    IMG_5211.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_5207.jpeg
    IMG_5207.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 7
Top