New Bobber

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobber

Reaction score
Been a long time since I posted. I recently found & bought this. Has some work to do but its super fun.

bobber

Reaction score

Jesse James Chopper bicycle frame lowered four inches
5hp Briggs & Stratton
Single disc brake up front
Custom exhaust with removable muffler.
That's the way I got it.

I want to center the engine, add a TC, jack shaft & a rear disc brake.
I'd like to have the tank welded up and made functional so I can lose the on engine fuel tank.
I want to make a battery box, add a battery and wire the lights.
I need to finish the seat. It had just a seat pan and I dropped a vintage springer seat that needs to be installed correctly.
Oh, yep, its fast. I haven't been able to top it out yet. I need to make it more safe.

bobber

Reaction score

One more thing... I'm gonna need a new rear tire if I keep doing burn outs.

bobber

Reaction score
Hey Blue, Shorten the fork tubes and flip the triple trees. I wanted to do that to one but got rid of it to make room for the new bobber.

dictionary6767

Reaction score
Hey Blue, Shorten the fork tubes and flip the triple trees. I wanted to do that to one but got rid of it to make room for the new bobber.

What is the triple trees?? I'm realy interested in the I think I'm going to buy that bike and convert it into a bober like yours!! How much are the front forks shortened? What did you pay for it?

machinist@large

Reaction score
What is the triple trees?? I'm realy interested in the I think I'm going to buy that bike and convert it into a bober like yours!! How much are the front forks shortened? What did you pay for it?

The triple trees are the two plates that hold the fork tubes and the fork shaft top and bottom where it goes thru the frame. By saying flip them, he means flip them around, I.E. front to back.

bobber

Reaction score
When I said "flip" I was thinking top to bottom. I don't like the chopper rake on that thing.
You have to experiment with the length of the tubes. Also depends on wheel size.

Status
Not open for further replies.