• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

Need to get that grass cut!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kmicah40

Reaction score
:worried2: Need help! Have a Cub cadet lawn mower with 17 HP Kohler Kt17 engine. When I put gas in tank it somehow goes all the way to engine crankcase. I drained oil from crankcase and after oil came out then about 1 gal of gas came out. Would replacing the fuel pump resolve this problem or do I have something else wrong? Would appreciate any help here. Thanks!! Larry

kibble

I banned myself
Reaction score
Ooh, there's something really wrong there. Gas shouldn't go into the crankcase! What kind of fuel pump is on it?

jr dragster T

Reaction score
Somthings teribly wrong here. If you have a diaphram fuel pump then its posible that its draining gas from the pulse line into the block. Thats IF the diaphram fuel pump gets its vacum from the block.

Russ2251

AZUSA:Powered by LAWN-BOY
Reaction score
May not be all that terrible. Could be stuck or faulty carb float allowing fuel to over fill and load up crankcase. Kind of like the ball float in toilet tank. If stuck, usually light tapping on carb bowl with a small plastic mallet or handle of screwdriver may clear this up. If float has a hole, it must be replaced.

Kmicah40

Reaction score
Ooh, there's something really wrong there. Gas shouldn't go into the crankcase! What kind of fuel pump is on it?

I talked to engine mechanic and he thinks I have a stuck needle valve that lets gas go thru carburetor into intake manifold and into head then to crankcase. Guess I need to work on carburetor.

Status
Not open for further replies.