Need some help identifying this chassis

SlowFatGuy

Reaction score
Need some help identifying this chassis
Can some 1 please help and point me in the right direction as I want to put it back together …

Attachments

• 7B7F144B-5660-48EF-ABEC-081FC512E10D.jpeg
    7B7F144B-5660-48EF-ABEC-081FC512E10D.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 8
  • 5D02D316-7132-492E-AD28-8A000706500E.jpeg
    5D02D316-7132-492E-AD28-8A000706500E.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
  • 74C16280-22B8-43D8-8740-8400F9297D40.jpeg
    74C16280-22B8-43D8-8740-8400F9297D40.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8

redflash

Reaction score
isn't this the 2nd time you've asked ? I believe you had a response !

redflash

Reaction score
that may be all you';ll have to deal with. Brand is not too terribly important, the needed parts are all pretty universal for karts. Frame makers , even for racing frames, often just add "stock" spindles , brakes, pedals, wheels, sprockets etc. everything you need to complete this is at OMB warehouse, go power sports, vegas karts, azusa , and a dozen other kart suppliers all across the country. Just start living at the websites of thos various suppliers, and you will accumulate ideas and parts to assemble the frame. Just decide ..is this for pavement or dirt.....then go to work in that direction. Many of us here are in favor of dirt, hills sand and rocks.

Da redflash

Last edited:

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised to find out those 4-armed things just behind the tierods are the faucet handles out of my old apartment's bathtub. What that splice in the frame across the rear is for I can't imagine. Same with those 2 sleeves on the front. Do those pedals slide through those sleeves they're in? At least it has some tabs to bolt on a floorpan. I'd say you need to just use the existing frame as a guide, and strengthen everything about it, add on whatever it takes to mount an engine and rear axle setup, and make it completely safe all around.

redflash

Reaction score
very few people are able to reproduce an original classic full Kart. and if you can, you'll have 6-7 thousand dollars into it. Most of us use ingenuity, creativity, and gumption and can assemble a pretty good solid fast kart.( if that's what you're trying to do) we can give you directions where to go to buy stuff, but it's your job to figure out measurements, welding requirements and tighten the bolts.

Da redflash

SlowFatGuy

Reaction score
Wow sorry didn’t mean to make any 1 upset
I just got this and have no clue what to buy for it… and just thought I’d I had a manufacture of the frame it would have been a easier process .. but thank you guys
For the info and help

redflash

Reaction score
And no ones upset, good questions, we understand the desire to know the pedigree.

SlowFatGuy

Reaction score
My bad just new to this whole go kart venture and not to good with the internet stufff ..
And I do thank you and any 1 that can help

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
With no idea what you have in the way of tools and skills, here's a few of the most basic and least expensive items I can find that you will likely need, that almost everyone here has or has a better version of them and knows how to use...................
Ironton ARC80 Stick Welder with TIG function — Inverter, 120 Volt, 20–80 Amp Output | Northern Tool (mine's just like it).
Welding Helmet - Adjustable Shade, Auto-Darkening Helmet (harborfreight.com) (for any type of welding, use only the auto-darkening kind).
5 Amp 4-1/2 in. Slide switch Angle Grinder (harborfreight.com) (I only use this one). Many folks have band saws and such for metal, but I cut all of my metal with the angle grinder and cheap metal cutoff wheels. Cut-off Wheels - 4-1/2" Cut-off Wheels for Metal, Pack of 10 (harborfreight.com) and I smooth it out with cheap grinding wheels Amazon.com: KSEIBI 4-1/2 Grinding Wheels Depressed Center, 7/8-Inch Arbor 651006 Angle Grinder Disc for Metal Stainless Steel INOX Grind Wheel (4-1/2-Inch, 10.00) : Industrial & Scientific. For holes and such.........
6.3 Amp 1/2 in. Variable Speed Drill (harborfreight.com) (I use this 1/2" electric one ). But it's not needed very often. I almost always use my 1/2"" cordless 18volt hammer drill. RYOBI ONE+ 18V Cordless 1/2 in. Hammer Drill Kit with 1.5 Ah Battery and Charger PCL220K1 - The Home Depot. I usually use El Cheapo disposable drill bit sets Titanium Drill Bit Set, 29 Piece (harborfreight.com) but I have good ones for big jobs.
With those power tools and accessories, and some half-decent wrenches and sockets, you can build everything from simple to fantastic gokarts.

SlowFatGuy

Reaction score
With no idea what you have in the way of tools and skills, here's a few of the most basic and least expensive items I can find that you will likely need, that almost everyone here has or has a better version of them and knows how to use...................
Ironton ARC80 Stick Welder with TIG function — Inverter, 120 Volt, 20–80 Amp Output | Northern Tool (mine's just like it).
Welding Helmet - Adjustable Shade, Auto-Darkening Helmet (harborfreight.com) (for any type of welding, use only the auto-darkening kind).
5 Amp 4-1/2 in. Slide switch Angle Grinder (harborfreight.com) (I only use this one). Many folks have band saws and such for metal, but I cut all of my metal with the angle grinder and cheap metal cutoff wheels. Cut-off Wheels - 4-1/2" Cut-off Wheels for Metal, Pack of 10 (harborfreight.com) and I smooth it out with cheap grinding wheels Amazon.com: KSEIBI 4-1/2 Grinding Wheels Depressed Center, 7/8-Inch Arbor 651006 Angle Grinder Disc for Metal Stainless Steel INOX Grind Wheel (4-1/2-Inch, 10.00) : Industrial & Scientific. For holes and such.........
6.3 Amp 1/2 in. Variable Speed Drill (harborfreight.com) (I use this 1/2" electric one ). But it's not needed very often. I almost always use my 1/2"" cordless 18volt hammer drill. RYOBI ONE+ 18V Cordless 1/2 in. Hammer Drill Kit with 1.5 Ah Battery and Charger PCL220K1 - The Home Depot. I usually use El Cheapo disposable drill bit sets Titanium Drill Bit Set, 29 Piece (harborfreight.com) but I have good ones for big jobs.
With those power tools and accessories, and some half-decent wrenches and sockets, you can build everything from simple to fantastic gokarts.
I have tools , grinders, Miller welder etc ..
And thanks for the advice on what I need to stock up on .. 🍺

SlowFatGuy

Reaction score
Welp I have found out what the kart chassis is
It’s a cobra chassis from the early 90s
Thanks to all of you guys for your help