need help with my drive belt on my ex27

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdj89

New member
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
Need help with my drive belt. I finally got the ex27 motor on there and running, but the drive belt gets sucked into the 40 series driven pulley. I had to pull the belt back out. Its a 40 series drive belt but don't understand the issue.
 

r97

Measure twice cut once
Messages
3,793
Reaction score
8
Location
Massachusetts, USA
Just as I had thought, your driven is installed backwards. With the 40 series, the cam should be inboard (closer to the engine). I know some models (max torque?) can run with the cam outboard, but you need to change the spring around/get a different spring. Blaz should be able to tell you if that is an option with thee 40 series.
 

mdj89

New member
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
I need to take the driven pulley off and turn it the other way?
 

r97

Measure twice cut once
Messages
3,793
Reaction score
8
Location
Massachusetts, USA
Precisely, just like the picture below. There is a chance you can just swap out the springs, but someone else will need to confirm whether or not that is possible with the 40 series.
 

mdj89

New member
Messages
87
Reaction score
0
The subaru ex27 engine is unbelievable fast!. Its a huge differeince in power from the stock tecumseh motor on the yerf dog 3203. its like going from a vw bug engine to a porsche 911 engine. lol. when I went up the hill it flew up there. I was shock. and thats with the Governor on it. I had yet to reach top speed on my 6 acres becouse I had to slow down to make turns and terrain is bumpy to. So I had to make sure all bolts were tight.
 

Sinbad001

Member
Messages
97
Reaction score
0
Location
SE Michigan
I have a manco intruder II and a aerforce f-265. they both run the driven with the cam outboard. The 265 is a EX27 with a 40 series. The reverse wound spring is yellow, and is commonly available.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top