Need help sourcing Manco rims

rudyeb

Reaction score
I have been restoring an old Manco Dingo and converting same to electric drive. I'm nearing the finish line on this eternal project but need some help finding rims for the front. The wheels that are on it now are 5" X 5/8" taking a 11 x 4:00 - 5 tire. The rims that came with it have no bearings so they will be tossed and now I need to find rims that will fit this tire size with 5/8" ID bearings. I would greatly appreciate any assistance anyone might give me on this.
Many thanks.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
Can you type in the size on the side of the tires exactly as it appears there? Unsure what your numbers above mean, but here's some using what looks like your numbers. There's a chart too, that specifies what the numbers mean on a variety of tires..................
5" Turf Saver Tires for Go Karts & Mini Bikes | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply
If understanding your numbers correctly, you're saying the tires are 11" tall, 4" wide, and fit 5" rims. Here's some rims like that.................
AZ1065 - 5" Azusalite Wheel, 4" wide, 5/8" ID Bearing | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply...................but are you sure you only want 11" tall, and only 4" wide? Rim width can be smaller than tire width by a certain amount. Oh, split rims need innertubes, preferably with L-shaped valve stems.................Tube 11X4.00X5 L-Shaped Valve Stem | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply

rudyeb

Reaction score
The size on the tire is 11x4:00x5.
The rear tires are much larger as this is an off-road type kart. I’m concerned about Azusalite as it seems to be a plastic of some sort. I’m hoping to find a metal rim with bearings I might procure. I appreciate your guidance. This retrofit is becoming the never ending story :)

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
I’m concerned about Azusalite as it seems to be a plastic of some sort.
Yeah, I'm hip to that. Asuza is like "THE" gokart and minibike original source, so they have good stuff, but I'm an OCD heavy duty kinda guy. Biggest split rims (6") in steel wheels, the bigger 3/4" axles, 1" solid steel straight axle, on and on. The Asuza I linked for you was only because it was the only 5" rim I saw on that MFG site with 5/8" axles. You just need to search around.
Here's the front and rear 6" steel wheels I've gotten from MFG...................AZ1035 - 6" Steel Wheel, 3-1/4" wide, 3/4" ID Bearing | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply.........................AZ1034 - 6" Steel Wheel, 3-9/16" wide, 1" live axle. | Go Kart & Mini Bike Parts | MFG Supply...................
Check MFG Supply, BMI Karts, GoPowerSports, OMB Warehouse, Gokart Supply, and maybe Google "gokart parts dealers".

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
Manco wheels are becoming tough to find. You might have to buy another kart to rob the wheels from. Just keep looking.

Karttekk

Reaction score
How about picking up two 6" wheels, four 5/8" bearings and two 6" knobby tires? You have 5/8" spindles, you may need to use thin lock nuts if there isn't much thread showing once the wheels are mounted. They have a "Build Your Own" option also. The 6" knobby tires are the most popular. I've gone this route many times.

madprofessor

"Loose Cannon Creations"
Reaction score
The rims that came with it have no bearings so they will be tossed
Curious why those rims shouldn't have bearings put into them. Pics of the rims would be helpful. The 1 3/8" O.D. x 5/8" I.D. bearings linked above are very standard, would they fit in those rims?

Karttekk

Reaction score
Curious why those rims shouldn't have bearings put into them. Pics of the rims would be helpful. The 1 3/8" O.D. x 5/8" I.D. bearings linked above are very standard, would they fit in those rims?
I'm wondering if someone along the way replaced the stock wheels with the "bearingless" type, especially when it's mentioned the rear wheels are much larger. Rudyeb, are you able to supply the model # of your Dingo so we can see what the kart shipped with originally? From what I can find, most Dingos shipped with 6" knobby tires. Here is a list of most Manco Dingo models.

Denny

Canned Monster
Reaction score
The later Dingos came from the factory with just plain steel wheels on the front. Instead of the styled aluminum ones.

ONE-EYE

Reaction score
My original fronts are 15x6-6. I actually am going thinner to a 15x5-6 so I found some rims at BMI KARTS on sale for about $16 each. My originals measured 4-1/2" bead to bead so the new ones now measure 3-1/2" bead to bead. They also carry a 3-1/4" measurement as well. I'd recommend checking out their website. You can add the high speed bearings with them for an additional $5. Something to check out anyway...found some nice cleated 15x5-6 tires on both Amazon and walmart for pretty cheap. (They may be listed as snow blower tires but they have different sizes as well).