Need help snow mobile cat question

Old guy

Reaction score
Well I give everyone respect that clutch would not fit a sled engine if it did last about 2 min maybe

---------- Post added at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

I'm not the sharpest crayon in the box. Sometimes I can't figure out my clutch problem so far

---------- Post added at 09:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 PM ----------

He watched a go power sport sponsered video

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 PM ----------

Hi snaker

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:43 PM ----------

Hi snaker

Snaker

Reaction score
Old Guy I see it now. The yellow tinted photo shows a belt drive water pump and radiator hose and I see that the fins aren't as long as I thought.

From my notes: John Deere ran the Liquifire 440 from 76 to 84.
76-78 was a Kioritz 440.
79-84 was a Kawasaki 440
76-81 the drive clutch was a JD Comet 102c
82-84 the drive clutch was a JD TR-800
I'm not clear if the drive clutch is original to the JD engine or not. It looks more like a Comet than a Arctic Cat.

Can't help much on the info on the driven. Arctic Cat used various drivens, St Lawrence/Salsbury and eventually made their own.

Its iffy to mix CVT parts but since you already have the stuff I guess its try and find out.

Which pulley is in front wont matter but they have to be orientated right. I don't understand your comment that the first one was on the other way and tore up?

Old guy

Reaction score
Snaker the drive clutch is from a john deer the driven clutch is from an artic cat. The driven clutch that came with the cart was oriented the opposite direction the Shivs to the inside and it did not open because the spring and the shivs were working against the belt and eating up the shivs. And snaker please explain oriented right how would I check that I can move it left and right on the shaft. Thanks for all your help

Snaker

Reaction score
Put the driven on so its movable sheave is on the opposite side of the belt from the drive pulley movable sheave

Old guy

Reaction score
Sneaker thanks for your help and advice I appreciate it very much I've been going crazy