Need advice on driveline options

Status
Not open for further replies.

gguuyy

Reaction score
It's not over geared, if anything it's undergeared. It was reaching top speed in the first 50 ft or so but now that I've removed the governor its a lot better. Im pretty sure it's faster than 21mph but may not be, hard to guess when ur so close to the ground. I think I may go with a 12T clutch sprocket and than leave it there.

One problem I have now is that it won't rev with the high flow filter and straight pipe but when I put the stock air filter back on it runs fine. Do you guys think changing the jet will fix it?

gguuyy

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Thanks for all the advice. I drilled the stock jet out but I drilled it to large so it was running rich. I ordered a new jet (size 36) and just installed it. I'll run it in the morning and see what difference it makes.

Does anyone know where I can get some 6 inch rims with a 2 13/16 bolt pattern? I just want two for the back so I can go from a 11 inch tire to a 13.

gguuyy

Reaction score
Well I got the new jet (size 36) in and man what a difference it made having the proper jetting! This thing is hauling now. Might order a couple different sizes just to see which is best. I doubt I'll mess with the gear ratios right now since it's running so well. I believe I'm gonna get some slicks for it and call it done.

I'm looking for some 13in tall slicks for the rear and 11 in front. Also gonna need the rims and probably hubs unless I find some with a 4 x 2 13/16 bolt pattern.

Anyways thanks everyone for all the advice and tips.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
MFG Supply or BMI karts, One or the other or both should have the wheels and tires you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.