My website was killed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Howdy,

I haven't posted in a long while so anyone who is new wouldn't remember me.

My old website was www.gokartsoftexas.com

After a very hard screwing by network solutions and some cursing on the phone they killed what I had built.

So I've registered and began to build www.gokartrepair.com

Obviously I'm not posting this in hopes you'll buy anything since we don't sell parts off the site, I will be working on this over the next few months.

Please let me know if there is anything specific you'd like to see.

I plan on keeping it simple this time just location/hours, karting help, and a main page.

I'm sure ya'll know I quit posting due to how busy my career has been, I'll try to stop by more and help with questions if ya'll can let me know there is an actual need.

Thanks,
Chris

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Sure thing, I'll try to stop in when I can. Time is one of those things I just don't have much of anymore. Which is why you'll see it may take months to get the website to par.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey Blaz, I'm sure you know, but in case you don't you may be able to retrieve some of your old infos from web.archive.org..
http://web.archive.org/web/*/gokartsoftexas.com

that is if you don't have local backups.

Your site was a good 'source' for 'known' karts sometimes in the past,
so personally (and I'm sure for the use of others) don't drop the sold karts but move them to an archive for others to identify theirs.

doesn't sound like much in your favour at first, but it creates hits.. and thus links, and those may help spreading the word ;)

Anyways, good luck with your new site!

'sid

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Thanks for the help sid. I forgot they had stuff like that. My old laptop since died. (HP DV7000) has a charging issue.

Edit: Since you've shared that with me I was able to greatly help some of my new website. Its still very pathetic but I can't thank you enough.

I'd go so far to say that if you choose a educational kart related video you'd like to see on youtube I can make it for you. I'm buying a new hd camera to take pictures for the site so it'll even be moderately high quality.

itsid

Staff member
Reaction score
charging issues on a laptop..
if you can hold a soldering iron and a screwdriver (not even at the same time) you can most likely repair that ;)
Or just remove your HDD from the laptop, just put in in a external enclosure to use it via usb and get your old data back (which might be the easiest option)

No problem btw, you're very welcome..
And thanks for the kind offer, I'll think about that ;)
But first let's get your website up and running again...

As it happens I'm currently setting up a wordpress page
for a customer as well (well actually making him a set of plugins he wants)
maybe you'd want to take a look at siteorigins Page Builder plugin for easing the hassle of layouting the pages.

And now I need to rush back to christmas madness...

'sid

Blazkowiez

Kart Aficionado
Reaction score
Enjoy. I disassembled the laptop once years ago and just never got around to the hardwire. I may just pull the external card in order to pull info off.

Status
Not open for further replies.