My scratch built mini chopper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotmullion

Mechanical nut
Reaction score
The frame is made mostly from 1 inch square section and I made it myself. The engine is a Briggs 3 hp and the front wheel will be a 22 inch bike wheel. The rear wheel is a 16 inch, wide mower trailer wheel and it has a clutch.

Attachments

• DSC00498.JPG
    DSC00498.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 75

newrider3

Reaction score
Looks pretty nice. One question though, where do you plan to get a 22" bike wheel and tire? The only really common bike wheel sizes are 12", 16", 18", 20", 24" and 26".

Cotmullion

Mechanical nut
Reaction score
Looks pretty nice. One question though, where do you plan to get a 22" bike wheel and tire? The only really common bike wheel sizes are 12", 16", 18", 20", 24" and 26".

You'll probably know that to directly measure the diameter you need to deduct an inch or so or remove the axle, so it is probably about 24 inch.

newrider3

Reaction score
Yes, they do exist, but they are rare. The only bike I know of with 22"s is this, but it's a prototype. BTW, bike wheels are classified by the approx. height with a tire. My bike is a 20", but if you took a tape measure to the rim you'd only get about 16".

Let's try to stop derailing a thread that should be about an awesome chopper in the making.

fluxcored

Reaction score
Yeah, can't wait to for when the front wheel is fitted. Just the size chopper I was interested in.

I envy your spacious workshop. Mine - read my garage - is a bit cramped and the floor is like ....:censored: ..

Cotmullion

Mechanical nut
Reaction score
Yeah, can't wait to for when the front wheel is fitted. Just the size chopper I was interested in.

I envy your spacious workshop. Mine - read my garage - is a bit cramped and the floor is like ....:censored: ..

Yeah, I'm lucky with the workshop. Neither of the wheels are fitted yet, as the rear wheel needs bearings first. Size wise, it's over 7 feet long without the wheels. Earlier today I attached the handlebars, the front wheels, foot pegs, and did a little more work to the fender.

Attachments

• DSC00510.JPG
    DSC00510.JPG
    93.3 KB · Views: 28
  • DSC00512.JPG
    DSC00512.JPG
    93.2 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC00513.JPG
    DSC00513.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC00514.JPG
    DSC00514.JPG