My Next Project / Crazy Idea?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sentrek

Reaction score
I am pondering my next project idea, I did a quick search late last night on you tube but didnt see much. I am thinking of taking one of the larger pocket bikes (teenager size) and fitting it with either a 80cc or 125cc 2-stroke motor from a CR,KX,RM, or YZ..whatever I can score for the right price. What do you think?

robbie

Reaction score
Is that with a gear box attached? I wouldn't bother putting a good motorbike engine on a dinky pocket bike. I'd rather be in a natural position when I ride, so I can save myself if I wipe out. In fact, I think wipeouts are more likely when the bike is too small.

On most of my bike projects I've enlarged excessively small bikes to normal human proportions.

It's up to you, but you did ask....

Sentrek

Reaction score
Yes, Yes I did ask..lol. And I do appreciate the input. I believe, and I admit I do not know because I never had one or have been close enough to one to know for sure, but I think the 110cc pocket bikes are about the same size as kx80 or so.. maybe? Thats what I was thinking of using, not the tiny little 50cc models, that is just too small I agree. I think it would rip pretty good.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Perhaps the confusion lies in your definition of a pocket bike. AFAIK, they are pretty much limited to weenie little 50cc toys that a midget wouldn't fit on. I think maybe you're thinking of a PIT bike- downsied little dirtbikes, typically with engines in the 100-150cc range, and can be physically around the size of a KX80. Maybe?

r97

Measure twice cut once
Reaction score
I;m pretty sure that you can buy pocket bikes with 125 engines on them. Bluethunder can probably tell you more about pocket bikes if you are interested.

Sentrek

Reaction score
Thanks, I am sure you probably can too. But I think most will have the typical 8-12hp Honda clone motor. I want one with crazy snappy 2-stroke throttle response and 40hp at 10500rpms..

Status
Not open for further replies.