My newest p.o.s future project

Status
Not open for further replies.

ML-TOYS

Reaction score
Picked this up today, traded my crossbow for it. I think i will have more fun with this than shooting arrows.
Need to fab up a new frame but basically its just rectangle with bearing and motor mounts.

newrider3

Reaction score
Too bad those balloon tires are trashed, they stopped making them long ago, good used ones you can find go for $300 or more each. I'm sure you could switch to regular atv tires and wheels, but that's not quite as cool.

newrider3

Reaction score
But you can't get the true balloon tires like that machine has on it, they have no wheel and are one piece construction. Similar to what came on the original ATC90.

Doc Sprocket

Reaction score
Ahh- I see it now... Trippy! Probably better for flotation, but you're right. Replacement may be an issue. I think I'd get aluminum rims to help make up the difference... Along with fabbing or buying hub adapters if available.

ML-TOYS

Reaction score
According to 6x6 forum its an attex brand model st/295 early 70's . The wheels could be an issue but since you cant bring gas powered vehicles on the lakes and ponds here its no biggie. My bro in law suggested quad hubs with meaty tires for dirt and snow use.

Yes it is an amphibious and it will still be when done. I was going to just make it an open wheeler but decided its cooler as an amphibious.
This has the potential of being worth $3000 when done.

The independent gearbox and motor were worth the trade alone.

gvfc2

wishing i was living
Reaction score
nice find. knowing the ending price you gonna keep it or sell it when its all fixed up?

Status
Not open for further replies.