• OFF TOPIC fun forum - NO politics - NO religion - NO jerks. It's not complicated. Thanks!

My new truck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ebrownie

Reaction score
So I will be able to drive in a few months, so this is my first truck! We flew over to MN to visit family and will drive it back. It's a 2004 dodge half ton, 4x4 SLT. its in pretty good condition, and the topper is nice. I'm glad that it is a 4 door so I have some more room in the cab. Should be awesome when I can drive!

Attachments

• IMG_3699.jpg
    IMG_3699.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 12

Hellion

Disc brakes are for cowards
Reaction score
Looks like a capable go kart hauler. Congrats! Nice score and a crew cab body is definitely worth it.

More photos please when you get the chance.

Jfive

Reaction score
I bought my truck in Minnesota and luckily it was not salt rusted out. Some parts use so much salt the cars are not worth buying there. Glad yours wasn't a rust bucket too.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Congrats on your First truck!
You will never forget it!
What is all that white stuff in the yard in the Pic?

maxpower49

Reaction score
Nice truck I have a 03 ram 1500 also with the 5.7 hemi, the only advice I can give you is that you should save up plenty of gas money the hemi recommends the higher octane 89 fuel that is slightly more expensive and it does make a difference at least for me I notice some spark knock at idle when I used to cheap out and run the 87. Also no matter what I can not get over 14 miles per gallon highway... Heck now that it is winter and I mostly do "city" driving I can't even get into the double digits and I have a two wheel drive that in theory should get better mileage. But it has been an extremely nice truck and the first vehicle that I bought myself and I have been quite proud of it for the last three years with some pretty good reliability other that a bad battery causing some funky issues, anyway enjoy the truck man!

Kartorbust

Reaction score
The lack of snow right now sucks. The rain last night was nice. Looks like that truck was just one that was driven down to Arizona for the time and never saw salted roads. The 2006 F150 my dad bought was one that was bought up here and drove to Arizona...Not a single bit of rust on the body.

If I'm not mistaken, that year 5.7 has cylinder deactivation, to help with mileage...Could be wrong. I know GM's version sucks, not sure on Dodge's.

Ebrownie

Reaction score
I would go take some more pics but it's outside and the wind is blowing 30 mph and it feels like it's 0 degrees here in MN. At least the wind blows the snow off the lakes so they can build up some ice. yes you are right, it does have MDS. I have heard the gmc engines with that are not very good, so I hope this is better.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
I would go outside but the wind is blowing 30 mph and it feels like it's 0 degrees here in MN.

And that is why I live in Ca. I hate the Expense, and the Politics and the taxes.
But I can go outside 365 days a year. No Offense but...
I just don't know how you guys live like that. LOL

Ebrownie

Reaction score
Well Minnesota winters are not too fun. I enjoy visiting here, but I wouldn't want to live here. Where I live in MT is actually pretty warm as far as Montana goes.
We usually don't get more than 2 feet of snow per winter, and we have mountains so there isn't any eternal wind. The summers are great, though (in the 80s nearly every day).

Kartorbust

Reaction score
The last couple years the snow level has been pathetic. 15 years ago, it wasn't uncommon to get 20+ inches of snow from a single storm or several storms. One winter we had 30+ dumped on us. Think our yard had 40+ inches that whole winter. It was great. 2011 was the last time we had 16" from a single storm here.

My dad and I went to Cub foods in Savage and on our way back the snow had packed into the engine compartment and loosened up the belt tensioner and it spit the belt. We had to limp home and shut down every few minutes to let it cool down to prevent blowing up the engine.

chancer

ɔ ɥ ɐ u ɔ ǝ ɹ
Reaction score
Well Minnesota winters are not too fun. I enjoy visiting here, but I wouldn't want to live here. Where I live in MT is actually pretty warm as far as Montana goes.
We usually don't get more than 2 feet of snow per winter, and we have mountains so there isn't any eternal wind. The summers are great, though (in the 80s nearly every day).

My Parents and adult Sister with her family are looking to move to Sidney Nebraska. I think they are Crazy!!!
But they are still looking.. What county in Montana are you in?

Status
Not open for further replies.