I rebuilt my gx390 engine it was burning a ton of oil, as in fill it up and the low oil shutoff trips the engine off about an hour later.
I used a new honda block, reused the crank, cam side plate, the usual stuff. But I used a "F188" piston and rod kit. Go-kart guys seem to like using these F188 rebuild kits I don't know what, figured it was primarily price as it cost about half as much as Honda stuff.
Well I got it together and tested compression, with the compression release disabled I was getting 120psi of cold never fired compression with file fit rings and 10 thousands head gasket at 4,000ft above sea level.
Searching on the Internet 100 to 105psi at sea level is normal for a fresh engine.
I was wondering if anyone knows if the F188 kits have a piston with less dish or is the rod longer?
I used a new honda block, reused the crank, cam side plate, the usual stuff. But I used a "F188" piston and rod kit. Go-kart guys seem to like using these F188 rebuild kits I don't know what, figured it was primarily price as it cost about half as much as Honda stuff.
Well I got it together and tested compression, with the compression release disabled I was getting 120psi of cold never fired compression with file fit rings and 10 thousands head gasket at 4,000ft above sea level.
Searching on the Internet 100 to 105psi at sea level is normal for a fresh engine.
I was wondering if anyone knows if the F188 kits have a piston with less dish or is the rod longer?